Embedded worksheet resizing

Hi,
Another observation is that the number of rows remains constant as per what i have set in the line below:
workbook.Worksheets.SetOleSize(0, 20, 0, 7);

The font properties show the normal font size , font type etc

This lead me to believe that the worksheet Zoom factor is being reduced when Excel is being embedded into a Slide as an OleObjectFrame. I chatted with the Aspose.cells support and they were of the opinion that it is an Aspose.slides issue.

Please let me know how I can overcome this issue as this is a Show stopper behavior for us.

Sirish

Hi Sirish,

This issue is under investigation and we will inform you if it is possible to resolve the issue.

Hi,

Are there any updates on this issue ? I am attaching a solution where you can reproduce the issue. If it is indeed an issue can you atleast suggest a work around ? As right now we dont yet know what is the cause of the resize which is noticable.

I have set the Image size the same as the OLE object so initially when the slide shows up it is with scale as 100% for both height and width. So for example if the width is 7.71 inches ihave set the image size to 7.71 * 96 = 740 (96 dpi is the setting on my system) . However on double clicking the OLE object the scale chanegs and the object is resized.

I have removed the Lic files and i have removed the Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Slides dlls from the zip to make it lighter. The versions i have used are

Aspose.Cells : 4.8.0.4

Aspose.Slides : 3.1.1.0

It appears that hte even setting the zoom doesn not seem to take effect and the OLE object is resizing.

Sirish

Hi Sirish,

The issue is likely to resolve in the next release.

I am using Aspose Slides 4.0.0.1 and Cells v4.8.0.0 and I am also experiencing this problem. Is there a fix or work around yet?

Hi,

I have just answered you the same question in this thread.

Hi,

Could you let us know the timeline for your next release which would have the fix for this issue ? This will let us plan our deliverables. This issue is on a critical path for our release.

Thanks

Sirish

Hi Sirish,

This issue (issue id 11051) is planned to be resolved in the next release of Aspose.Slides for .NET which is expected in the first or second week of November.

Hi,

What about Aspose.slides for java ?

We face the same issue , the excel embedded in the slide, needs to span first 32 rows and 35 columns , but it displays only till 20th column. Even using the

workbook.setOleSize(0, 32, 0, 35); did not help.

Attached output ppt.
Please Advice.

Hi Vishal,

The resize issue is not specific to the worksheet charts, rather any OLE Object embedded on slide resizes and worksheet chart is one of the OLE Objects. WorkSheets.SetOleSize spans the rows and columns as specified by the parameters. However, there seems a limitation on the number of columns. As this relates to Aspose.Cells product family, you can get technical details on the issue by posting your query here.

Has this issue been fixed in the new release of Aspose Slides? (v4.0.1) Previous message had said it would be addressed in the next release however v4.0.1 does not list this issue has one that was fixed.

Hi,

We planned to fix this issue in release 4.0.1. Unfortunately, this issue is not fixed yet. However, our development team is working on it.

Do you have a new estimate on when this issue will be fixed? We need this fixed if we are to use Aspose Slides and Cells in our application.

Hi,

This issue is marked as 'high' priority, but still we are not having luck to resolve it.

Hi,

Is this issue (ID # 11051) resolved ? Are there any updates on this ?

Thanks

Sirish

Hi Sirish,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

Well, investigations on embedded OLE Object resize issue are still in progress. Our development team is working on it. Unfortunately, currently we are not in the position to determine the timeline for resolution of this issue.

Thanks for the patience.

Best Regards

Are there any updates on this issue? I just got the email about a new release but this issue number was not listed as being addressed in the email.

Hi Sirish,

We are extremely sorry for your inconvenience.

I have verified from our issue tracking system and our development team is working on your issue. Hopefully, the issue will be fixed in the next hot fix or release version of Aspose.Slides for .NET.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Sirish,

I have verified from our development team and they are looking into the possibility of the solution to this problem. Unfortunately, currently there is no solution available an as soon as some solution is devised, we will share that with you.

We are extremely sorry for this technical inconvenience.

Hi,
Is there any update on these issue? By when this will be solved?
I am asking because this issue is forcing us to change our slide generation project not to use Aspose.Slides.

Thanks,
Zerin.