We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Error rendering report after using latest update

Hello.

We installed the latest update to ASPOSE WORDS after a fix was applied for issue 'WORDSRPT-137' which we were experiencing.

After updating our report from using a workaround, back to using subreports which are called multiple times in Detail Rows, we receive the following error when attempting to render the report in .NET:

Server Error in '/Reports' Application. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The value '-1' is invalid. Valid values are between '0' and '3'. (rrRenderingError)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportServerException: The value '-1' is invalid. Valid values are between '0' and '3'. (rrRenderingError)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ReportServerException: The value '-1' is invalid. Valid values are between '0' and '3'. (rrRenderingError)]

Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.SoapReportExecutionService.ServerUrlRequest(AbortState abortState, String url, Stream outputStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) +1002

Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.SoapReportExecutionService.Render(AbortState abortState, String reportPath, String executionId, String historyId, String format, XmlNodeList deviceInfo, NameValueCollection urlAccessParameters, Stream reportStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) +1121

Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.InternalRender(Boolean isAbortable, String format, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection urlAccessParameters, Stream reportStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) +425

Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerModeSession.RenderReport(String format, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection additionalParams, Boolean cacheSecondaryStreamsForHtml, String& mimeType, String& fileExtension) +209

Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ExportOperation.PerformOperation(NameValueCollection urlQuery, HttpResponse response) +219

Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +221

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +586

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +177

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4234; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4223

Please advise.

Thank you

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario and have not found the shared issue while using latest version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 4.1.0. Please re-install the latest version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services and restart the SQL Server Reporting Services after installation.

If the problem still remains, please share some more detail about the scenario in which you are facing this exception.

• Are you facing this error while exporting a specific RDL file or with all RDL files?
  • Please share to which file format you are exporting your RDL file.
  • Please share the SQL Server version
  • I have used the RDL files shared in this thread. If you are using different RDL files, please share here for testing.

I attached a simple example that demonstrates this bug. It's related to a hidden row expression that references an empty parameter value.

Please fix this soon.

Thank you,

Ken

Hi Ken,

Thanks for sharing the detail. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSRPT-148 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSRPT-148) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Reporting Services update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.