Eval water mark appearing for licensed version

Hi,

We are using licensed aspose slides API for generating images out of PPT files, however, we noticed today (it did not happen earlier) while generating images from a 150 slides PPT file intermittently we are seeing “Evalutaion Only…” water mark in some slides. Can you please provide some insights in resolving this issue?

Thanks,
Ram

I am using aspose-slides-1.8.8.0-HF.jar and is set in the classpath of my web application and loading the license file as shown below:

new License().setLicense(new ClassPathResource(“Aspose.Total.Java.lic”).getInputStream());

the package of the License class is com.aspose.slides.License

Hi Ram,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Slides.

The issue that you have pointed looks strange in a way that if number of slides are approaching 150, you are observing the water mark. Aspose.Slides subscription does not put any limitation on the number of slides used in presentation. Please also specify, which version of Aspose.Metafiles for Java you are using. My initial guess is that there may be some shapes/images in presentation requiring the metafiles and you may be using some version of Aspose.Metafiles for Java that may have been released after your license subscription expiry date. Please share the license file that you are using along with your presentation file. Please follow these steps while sharing your license file. We appreciate your cooperation in advance.

Thanks and Regards,

Hello Mudassir,

We are using aspose-slides-1.8.8.0-HF.jar along with aspose-metafiles-1.3.3.0-HF.jar.
I have attached the test PPT that contains one slide, when this slide is converted to JPEG image we are getting evaluation watermark in it. This PPT contains a microsoft document word document embedded in it.

PS: I have also attached the JPEG image in test.zip.

Thanks,
Ram

Hi Ram,

I have been able to reproduce the issue as specified by you and I feel some issue with the shared presentation. I have tested your license file with other presentations and the generated thumbnails have no watermark. In order to further investigate and resolve the issue an issue with ID 17449 has been created in our issue tracking system. This thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,

Are you able to replicate the problem using the latest version of Aspose Slides for Java (with latest metafiles JAR)? Thanks...

Sunish

Hello Mudassir,

Sincere thanks for looking into this. I wanted to bring to your notice that the eval watermark is not appearing for all slides, I noticed that when there is an embedded object in the PPT this eval message is appearing. The PPT that I shared contained an embedded object (i guess it is embedded word document object). Thought this info might be of some help.

Thanks,
Ram

Hi Ram,

Thanks for sharing the addition piece of information. Hopefully, it will prove helpful in resolution of issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Ram,

As I mentioned earlier that your presentation file may be using metafiles. We have discovered that the you may be missing the setting of Aspose.Metafiles for Java license. Actually, you need to setup license for both Aspose.Slides for Java and Aspose.Metafiles for Java separately. Please use the following code snippet for setting up the license. I have verified the proper generation of slide thumbnail without any evaluation watermark and I hope this will also work for you.

String FPath="D:\\ppt\\Ram\\";

FileInputStream fstreamSlide=new FileInputStream(FPath+"Aspose.Total.Java.lic");
//Instantiate the License class

com.aspose.slides.License license=new com.aspose.slides.License();
//Set the license through the stream object

license.setLicense(fstreamSlide);

FileInputStream fstreamMeta=new FileInputStream(FPath+"Aspose.Total.Java.lic");
//Instantiate the License class

com.aspose.metafiles.License licenseMeta=new com.aspose.metafiles.License();
//Set the license through the stream object

licenseMeta.setLicense(fstreamMeta);

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

You are right, after setting the license file for metafiles using com.aspose.metafiles.License() class resolved the issue. Once again thanks for your prompt help in resolving this issue.

Cheers!
Ram