Evaluation copy of aspose.email

Hi Team,

We are using Aspose.email.dll for our client to manage .msg files for long time.
But suddenly our application start showing a message “Aspose Evaluation license”.

Can you please let me know why this message is coming?

Regards
Anish

Hi Anish,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team.

It seems that either the license is not properly referenced or your license has expired. Please check the date in tag in your licence file and see if the subscription is valid. Please let us know your feedback then.

Hi Kashif,

But my application was working till last week.
As per my understanding if we are using a new dll after this expiry date only cause such problem right ?

Regards
Anish

Hi Anish,

The evaluation message appears if the license is not initialized in the application. In case of an expired license, it will raise an exception if a DLL latest than the license expiry date is used. Thus, it seems that the license is never initialized in the application that causes the evaluation version to be displayed. Please verify that there is no exception generated while initializing the license file and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

I have declared as a variable in my application as follows
private Aspose.Email.License aspose_emil_lic = new Aspose.Email.License();

after that i am calling thin in the constructor of the application

public MainForm(string[] Args)
: base(Args)
{
if (this.ShowForm || this.DesignMode)
InitializeComponent();

aspose_emil_lic.SetLicense(“Aspose.Total.lic”);
}

This is the way it was working for last 1 year and i am not upgraded my dll recently.

Regards
Anish

Hi Anish,

Could you please share your license file with us so that we can thoroughly investigate the issue at at our end? Please don’t attach your licence on forum and follow the instructions mentioned HERE to send the license to our support team. We’ll look into it and assist you further.

Hi Sent the license file.

Hi Anish,

I have checked the license and found the same expiry date as reported by you. A license object is initialized using this “aspose.total.lic” file with Aspose.Email for .NET 4.2.0 and no exception is raised. Messages are saved properly and no “Limited version” text is added.

However if I use any dll newer than this version, the license initialization call raises exception and does not allow to proceed. You may please try this scenario using Aspose.Email for .NET 4.3.0 or any newer version and let us know the feedback.

Attached image shows the exception, which is raised while loading expired license with a newer dll version.