Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Cells for .NET. Copyright 2003 - 2024 Aspose Pty Ltd

We are encountering an issue with Aspose.Cells for .NET where the “Evaluation Only” watermark persists in our generated Excel files despite setting a valid license. I

Despite setting the Aspose.Cells license successfully, and receiving confirmation messages such as “Aspose.Cells License set successfully,” “Workbook is licensed,” and “Excel file saved successfully at: C:\Users\GN127RT\source\repos\WebApplication1\WebApplication1\MyBook_out.xlsx,” the output Excel file still has a watermark.

The license file is located correctly and the path is verified in the code. Additionally, I ran a basic console application locally with the same license file, but the issue persists, and the watermark still appears. Below is the relevant code snippet for reference. Any insights or solutions to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Below is the code for the dummy webapp:

using Aspose.Cells;
using System;
using System.Web.UI;

namespace WebApplication1
{
    public partial class _Default : Page
    {
        private void SetAsposeCellsLicense()
        {
            try
            {
                // Create a License object
                License license = new License();

// Set the license of Aspose.Cells to avoid the evaluation limitations
                string licensePath = @"C:\Users\GN127RT\source\repos\WebApplication1\WebApplication1\Aspose.Cells.lic";
                if (System.IO.File.Exists(licensePath))
                {
                    license.SetLicense(licensePath);
                    System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Aspose.Cells License set successfully.");
                }
                else
                {
                    System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Aspose.Cells License file not found: " + licensePath);
                }
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                // Log the exception message
                System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Aspose.Cells License Error: " + ex.Message);
            }
        }

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            SetAsposeCellsLicense();

// Instantiate a Workbook object that represents an Excel file.
            Workbook wb = new Workbook();

// Check if the workbook is created in evaluation mode
            if (wb.IsLicensed)
            {
                System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Workbook is licensed.");
            }
            else
            {
                System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Workbook is in evaluation mode.");
            }

// When you create a new workbook, a default "Sheet1" is added to the workbook.
            Worksheet sheet = wb.Worksheets[0];

// Access the "A1" cell in the sheet.
            Cell cell = sheet.Cells["A1"];

// Input the "Hello World!" text into the "A1" cell
            cell.PutValue("Hello World!");

// Save the Excel file.
            string outputPath = @"C:\Users\GN127RT\source\repos\WebApplication1\WebApplication1\MyBook_out.xlsx";
            wb.Save(outputPath);
            System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Excel file saved successfully at: " + outputPath);
        }
    }
}
`

@sofiachr
Which version of Aspose.Cells are used?
Could you mail your lic to my mailbox(simon.zhao@aspose.com) ? We will check it soon.

Hello,

Thank you Simon for your quick reply. I’ve sent the license from my business email to your mailbox.

Aspose.Cells version: 24.7

Awaiting your response.

@sofiachr,

Thanks for sending us the license file.

We will evaluate the issue using your license file and get back to you with our findings and details.

@sofiachr
Did you manually change the lic file?
Please change

<LicenseInstructions>
https://purchase.aspose.com/policies/use-license
</LicenseInstructions>

as

<LicenseInstructions>https://purchase.aspose.com/policies/use-license</LicenseInstructions>

NewLine corrupted checksum.
And I mail the correct lic to you .

We will fix the issue that Workbook.IsLicensed returns true for corrupted lic.

@sofiachr
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-56338

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@sofiachr
We have fixed the issue of no exception is throw when the license is corrupted.
The fix will be included in the upcoming release (Aspose.Cells v24.8) which we plan to release in the first half of August 2024. We will notify you when the next release is published.

Thank you so much for your help. I used the new file you shared and it’s working.

@sofiachr
You are welcome!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-56338) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi