Excel Chart Data Labels moving when excel workbook get saved using Aspose to disk

Hi,

I have an application in which I have excel workbook with Data Label on chart and when I save it it's (data label) moving.

Please provide help.

Thanks.

Hi,

Please share with us your excel file and any code snippet that you are using to manipulate the excel file. We will look into this matter very soon.

Hi Babar,

Thanks for looking into this issue.

Here is the code you can use to reproduce this issue

const string excelFile = @"C:\Users\mpatel\Desktop\Chart Test.xls";

const string excelFile1 = @"C:\Users\mpatel\Desktop\Chart Test1.xls";

var wb = new Workbook();

wb.Open(excelFile);

wb.Save(excelFile1);

Here I am opening excel file which have chart with data label and saving it back with other file name. Also if you not able to reproduce this issue open this original file move data labels manually and try again.

Note:

I attached excel file here and this is Office Excel 97-2003 Worksheet.

I am using v2.0.50727 Aspose.Cells runtime version and version 5.3.3.0.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample file and source code.
First of all, Workbook.Open method is obsolete. Why are you still using it, even with latest release as of v5.3.3.
Well, I tried your template file with my below code and found no problem in data labels of the Chart. I also tried manually moving them, even in that case the resultant file has data labels where I saved them in input file.
Also, attached to my reply is latest fix version of Aspose.Cells for .NET v5.3.3.1. Please test your scenario with this assembly and feel free to write back.

C# Code:

Workbook xls = new Workbook(“c:\temp\Chart+Test.xls”);

xls.Save(“C:\temp\Chart+Test+out.xls”, Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Excel97To2003);

Hi,

I tried this new method with latest release you provided and still no luck still having same issue

[Test]

public void Test1()

{

const string excelFile = @"C:\Users\mpatel\Desktop\Chart Test.xls";

const string excelFile1 = @"C:\Users\mpatel\Desktop\Chart Test1.xls";

var wb = new Workbook(excelFile);

wb.Save(excelFile1, SaveFormat.Excel97To2003);

}

Copy this method and run it notice "200" data label.

I have attached image of both files and highlighted the difference in it.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks.

Hi,

I think you forgot to attach your snapshots. Thank you

Oops sorry! here you go.

Hi,

If I open your template file and output file (by Aspose.Cells) into MS Excel 2003, both files display the chart same, could you check it on Excel 2003 and you will find the chart is fine similar to the template file.
Since your file is Excel 2003 (XLS), so we follows MS Excel 2003 standards. If your file format is regarding Excel 2007/2010, we would follow Ms Excel 2007/2010 behaviors.

Thank you.

Yes I have Office 2007 installed on my machine and we want to make this work for office 2007. I compared both files on office 2003 as well there is still slide difference in "200" data label position as well.

Note:

We create excel file and save it as a "Excel 97-2003 Workbook (.xls)" in Office 2007 in our application.

Hi Meet Patel,

I was able to reproduce this issue. Below is my code. Please see the screenshot. Also attached the source and output file. I have tested it with the latest version Aspose.Cells
for .NET v5.3.3.1
and used Excel 2010 to view it.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-27794.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Downloads\Chart+Test.xls”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);
workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.xls”, SaveFormat.Excel97To2003);

Screenshot:

Hi,

When you axpect to have this fix ready?

Thanks,

Meet

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download Aspose.Cells for .NET v5.3.3.2

Thanks I will try this out.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 27794) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.