Exporting multiple Wordpress docs to .doc format question

Hi,

I am wanting to use your plugin on a Wordpress website to convert Wordpress documents to .doc format files for our new Sharepoint site.

We have well over 500 valid documents on our Wordpress site which need moving across, I am currently testing how well the plugin works for us.

Due to the amount of docs that we need to convert it would be handy if we were able to convert multiple documents at once, whilst it appears that this is possible, when trying to complete this the converted documents are all displayed on ‘one’ word document instead of a seperate document per document.

Is there anyway to convert multiple documents at once and the converted documents be downloaded individually rather than all on one document?

If you need any more info then please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have logged your requirement in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is EXMP-1040. We will provide ability to export WordPress posts into individual Word documents. Our team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of this issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Thank you for coming back to me on this, how long do you think this will take to get put into place/made live.

I appreciate your willingness to help but as you can imagine, we are very keen to get things moving and need to find a solution asap. Is this something that can be put into place in a few days?

I look forward to your response.

Kind Regards,
Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will most likely make this feature live during next week. We will inform you as soon as this is available.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Thanks.

So just to confirm, I need the ability to convert multiple wordpress files to .doc documents, with the converted documents being downloaded into their own individual word document?

If you need any more information then please do let me know.

Please could you also confirm once this feature has gone live?

Kind Regards,
Joe

Hi Joe,

What we are implementing is when you select all WordPress posts and try to export them, we will create individual Word documents for each post and make a downloadable ZIP. Is this solution acceptable for you?

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

That’s perfect, appreciate your willingness to help and will be using your plugin to complete this as soon as this update has been put in to place.

Kind Regards,
Joe

Hi Joe,

Please re-download the plugin from WordPress repository. Then go to plugin Settings page and choose option to export posts individually. It will generate ZIP format file for all posts. Hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Hi,

I have just come to try this and am having issues.

I have configured the plugin within the plugin settings section of our Wordpress site as you have detailed and have completed a bulk export. This has downloaded a zipped folder titled: Exported-Documents which I would hope to contain all of the documents that require exporting.

I have tried multiple apps/programs to unzip the downloaded folder (WinZip, 7Zip, WinRar etc) and all of them detail that the zipped folder is damaged or in an unknown format.

Please could you confirm how I am able to unzip the file or if you have a workaround in place…

Thanks

Hi Awais,

I have tried this once more this morning with every plugin that you guys offer to complete such a task.

I am unable to open the zipped folder that is produced when choosing Aspose export to file, Aspose export to PDF or Aspose export to DOC.

The error message I receive is;

The folder is damaged or is of an unknown format.

Please could you confirm a work around for this asap I need to get the files moved across ASAP…

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your inquiry. After an initial test, we were unable to reproduce this issue on our end. To investigate this issue further on our end, it would be great if you please give us access to your blog. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Anyway we could use something like teamviewer in order for me to show you the issue?

I dont feel comfortable giving you access to our Intranet.

We could then use skype to communicate regarding the issue?

Kind Regards,
Joe

Hello Joe,

We are using “Zip Archive” for creating zip files. Please make sure it is install / enable on your server. If it is enable on your server and you still have an issue then we can have a team viewer session.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I will double check this now and get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
Joe

Hi Fahad,

Is there anyway you would be able to link me to the plugin: Zip Archive?

In order for me to install this and try once more?

Thanks,
Joe

Hello Joe,

“Zip Archive” is not some plugin. It is PHP extension, which can be enabled through php.ini.

If you still face issues, Please feel free to contact

Best Regards,

Hi Fahed,

I can not find how to enable this extension, please could you clarify how I am able to enable this and I will try the login once more.

This is quite an urgent thing for us to get started as soon as possible, i would appreciate your input greatly.

Many Thanks,
Joe

Hello Joe,

By default ZIP Archive extension is enable with PHP latest version. Please check which version of PHP you are using ? You can follow below link to enable ZIP Archive on your server.

Enable ZIP Archive

If you still face issues, It would be nice if you give access to your blog or some way we can look into your blog for further investigation.

Best Regards,

Hi Fahed,

We are running PHP Version: 5.6.27 on our Wordpress site, so not the most recent however, not to out of date either, the extension requires a PHP version of 5.2 or above, which I can confirm we have.

I have tried to complete the export once more and still have issues completing this.

Is there anyway that we would be able to setup a Teamviewer session whilst on the phone discussing this?

I appreciate your help greatly.

Kind Regards,
Joe

If this is fine, please could you confirm the best way to contact you.

Kind Regards,
Joe