Fields Merging when rendered as XLSX

Hi ,

We open your provided report file, but we do not get a warning that excel has found unreadable content.

We export report and do not get the warning too.

Does your provided report file(*.XLSX) exist as warnings?

Could you tell us your system environment?

Hi,

We had checked your export excel file and found this issues.

Your system needs to support east Asian languages.

Do the East Asian languages need to be supported on each client machine or on the server running reporting services?

Hi,

The machine which open exported excel files need to support the East Asian Languages.

Installing the East Asian Language pack on my machine did resolve the issue. I am working to determine if there is a server level fix for this issue. I do no receive this error message from XLSX files generated from my development environment application. I only receive the errors from my test and production environments. I have looked through all of my environments and have not been able to find any differences in settings or installed applications.
Are there any server side settings or applications that could cause this issue to not happen in all of my environments?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi,

It should work both in your local test and production environment/settings. There are no specific separate settings.

Could you please elaborate your issue more with screenshots?

We will look into it and help you asap.

Please also download and try our latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for Reporting Services v1.8.0.17 (SSRS2008R2)

if it could be any help for you.

Please copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder :

${SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin.

I am not using 2008 R2, just SSRS 2008. Is there an updated dll for that version?

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

We have requested the development team to provide you Aspose.Cells for ReportingServices dll that will run on SSRS 2008.

Hi,

Please try the fixed version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.8.0.19 (SSRS 2008) and let us know your result.

Please copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder:

${SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin.

Thank you. I will update my server and test it.

I have updated my test environment with the newest dll and I am still receiving the unreadable content error. This issue is only happening on my test and production environments, my dev environment produces reports without the unreadable content error. It is only one report, out of 10, that produces the error. Installing the East Asian Language support pack on my local machine did resolve the error, but that is not a viable solution for all of my end users. Any other possible fixes?

Hi,

I have added your comment in our database against the issue id: SSRS-40009

Aspose.Cells for ReportingServices development team will look into your issue and give you advice or suggest you any alternative solutions.

Once,we have some update against your issue, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Please try to open the attached file in Environment without the support of East Asian Language and let us know your result.

If the issue still happens, then please post the normal excel file that was created on Environment without the support of East Asian Language and we will check it.

I opened the file you provided on my machine without the East Asian Language support and it opened without any issues. The attached file is an un-repaired copy of the report I am having issues with. When I open the attached file I receive a warning that Excel has found unreadable content and asks if if Excel should try to repair it. When I click “yes”, to repair the file, Excel returns a window saying it has repaired the file by removing merged cells. I do not have any merged cells in my rdl file.

Hi,

Thanks for testing the file and also provided the un-repaired copy of your file.

We will investigate your issue and get back to you soon.

I have logged it as comment to attach with your issue. Once we have any update, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please post a new excel file which was created by excel on Environment without the support of East Asian Language and we will check it.

Thank you for your support and help.

I am using SQL server 2008 and SSRS 2008 on the same server that is running Windows Server 2008. We have a web application that is used to run the reports which is on a server running Windows Server 2003. The web app is accessed from end user client machines. Most of the end user client machines are running Windows XP.
The file that I most recently posted was created using this scenario. None of the machines involved have the East Asian Language module installed.

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

We actually need the mentioned file to drill down the issue. Could you please provide the needed file so that we could carry on our investigation of this issue.

We have also logged your comment in our database against the issue id: SSRS-40009. It will be helpful for the team

The attached file was created in an environment that does not have the East Asian Language support installed. When I open the attached file, I receive the “unreadable content” error.

Hi,

Thanks for the file.

It may help us to investigate your issue. We will do it soon. Once we have any update, we will let you know here.

Thank you.