File or assembly name Aspose.Words- or one of its dependencies- was not found

Hello,
My customer has Aspose.words. I am today getting an error that “File or assembly name Aspose.Words, or one of its dependencies, was not found.__Incorrect syntax near ‘Aspose’”.
Please let me know why is this happening and if any resolution to fix this.
Thanks a lot for replying.
Regards,

Vishal Kulkarni

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hello

Thanks for your request. This might occur when you have broken reference in your application. Please try removing reference to the Aspose.Words dll and then add it again.
Best regards,

Dear Support member,
Many thanks for your quick reply. Actually I am using classic ASP. So, should I try to re-register the aspose.words.dll again? I am not sure why this happened, this was working earlier, now it does not work. Please let me know if re-register of the same DLL would help. Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Vishal Kulkarni

Hello
Thank you for additional information. Please try re-registering the aspose.words.dll. And also, please see the following link for more information:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/supported-platforms/#com
Best regards,

Dear Support,
Thanks for your reply. I shall try and check if the re-registration works, in the mean while I would like to know if this error can happen due to expiry of the license of the Aspose.Words.Dll if any. Please let me know. Thanks for your patience and sorry to bother you again!!
Regards,
Vishal Kulkarni

Hello

Thanks for your request. No, I do not think that this is because the license is expired. Every Aspose license carries a one-year subscription for free upgrades to any new versions or fixes that come out during this time.
The license will work unlimited time with versions that comes out before license expiration time.
Best regards,

Hi,
I see the problem in creating the object of Aspose.words.comhelper. I am using version 7 of aspose.words. Please let me know if comhelper does not work with aspose.words version 7.
Regards,
Vishal Kulkarni

Hi

Thanks for your request. No, there are no issues with using ComHelper in Aspose.Words 7.0.0. I can successfully use it on my side. There must be some problem with configuration/registering on your side.
Best regards,

Dear Support,
Today I am again facing the same problem. I cannot create object of Aspose.Words.Comhelper. It says some file or dependency not found. I have checked with Microsofts depends.exe and nothing is missing. Last time I re-registered the aspose.words dll and the things started working. But this time its not working even after re-registering the dll. I read in some blogs that this dll needs to go in GAC. If its so please let me know, if I should install the dll in GAC and if its safe to do so as the server on which I work is a live server. Thanks for your support.
Regards,
Vishal

Dear Support,
Today I am again facing the same problem. I cannot create object of Aspose.Words.Comhelper. It says some file or dependency not found. I have checked with Microsofts depends.exe and nothing is missing. Last time I re-registered the aspose.words dll and the things started working. But this time its not working even after re-registering the dll. I read in some blogs that this dll needs to go in GAC. If its so please let me know, if I should install the dll in GAC and if its safe to do so as the server on which I work is a live server. Thanks for your support.
Regards,
Vishal

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi

Thanks for your request. It is safe to add Aspose.Words.dll to GAC. You can do this using the following command.
gacutil /i C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Words\Bin\net2.0\Aspose.Words.dll.
Also, please try reregister Aspose.Words.dll using the following command:
regasm “C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Words\bin\net2.0\Aspose.Words.DLL” /codebase
Best regards.

Dear Support,
I am trying to include a word document in the PDF which is produced using the insertdocument method. I am not able to find the document embeded into the PDF which is produced. I am using a wrapper dll for this. I guess the wrapper dll was made long time back and probably is using an old version of the aspose.words.dll, please let me know if I am required to rebuild my wrapper dll with including new reference for the aspose.words.dll (Version 7.0.0.0 which is latest for me).
Thanks and Regards,
Vishal Kulkarni

Hi
Thanks for your request. It is not quite clear for me how you insert document into PDF. Aspose.Words does not provide such feature. Using Aspose.Words you can only convert Word documents to PDF. Then you can use Aspose.Pdf.Kit to concatenate PDF documents as described here:
https://docs.aspose.com/pdf/net/merge-pdf-documents/
So, could you please clarify how you combine documents?
Best regards.

Dear Support,
I have noticed that the aspose.words.dll provides correct services for some days and after some days, it stops providing services. I need to re-register the DLL and the wrapper to make it work. I am not sure why this should happen and why I am required to re-register the DLL again and again. Do you have any idea why is this happening? Once we register the words dll, we it should not un-register automatically. I am not sure why this is happening. Please let me know a durable solution for this so that I am not required to register the dll again and again.
Following is my code;
Set license = 'create object of aspose.words.license
license.SetLicense(Location of licensefile) ’ I get an error here as error 424.
I checked the aspose.words.lic and found that the expiry is like 20100615 which is yet to come.
Thanks for all your help.
Regards,
Vishal Kulkarni

Hi

Thanks for your request. Does the problem occur with Aspose.Words.dll only or with other DLLs as well? DLL cannot be unregistered itself. I suppose there is something on your side, what unregister DLLs. Maybe some service or something else.
I never saw such problems on my side.
Best regards.

Thanks anyways. Please tell me why I am getting error 424 in the code below.
Following is my code;
Set license = 'create object of aspose.words.license
license.SetLicense(Location of licensefile) ’ I get an error here as error 424.
I checked the aspose.words.lic and found that the expiry is like 20100615 which is yet to come.
Thanks for all your help.
Regards,
Vishal Kulkarni

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Please make sure the license file is available and you are allowed to read the file.
Also, please provide more details about the error (error message and stack trace).
Best regards.

The license file is there, I can see the location printed by response.write. The permissions of the system of folder or files have not been changed by anybody, so if the things were working earlier, they should work now as well.

Following is my code;

Dim licenseFile1
licenseFile1 = Server.MapPath("/11Utils/test/Aspose.Words.lic")
Dim License1
Set License1 = Server.CreateObject("Aspose.Words.License")
License1.SetLicense(licenseFile1)
If err.number <> 0 Then
Response.write err.Description & "--" & err.number
End If 

The above code prints “Object required–424”
Again, thanks for your help.
Regards,

Vishal

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I used the following code for testing and all works fine on my side:

Dim lic
Set lic = CreateObject("Aspose.Words.License")
lic.SetLicense("C:\Temp\Aspose.Words.lic")
' Open document
Dim doc
Set doc = CreateObject("Aspose.Words.Document")
' Create DocumentBuilder.
Dim builder
Set builder = CreateObject("Aspose.Words.DocumentBuilder")
builder.Document = doc
builder.Write("Hello world!!!")
' Save output document
doc.Save("C:\Temp\out.doc")

It is difficult to tell you why the error occurs on your side. Could you please send me your license for testing? I will check it on my side and provide you more information. Maybe there is something wrong with your license file.
Please send the license file as described here:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/aspose-words-faq/2711
Best regards.

Hi Vishal,

Thank you for additional information. I just checked your license on my side and all works fine. I used the same code as I provided in my previous answer for testing.
Best regards.