File preview in a slide

File preview.
Hi,
I would like to insert in a slide a file and see it as a preview of that file and not as a hyperlink.
Files would be of type excel, word, images.

Is that possible?

Thank you!

@bogdanhr,

I have observed your requirements and like to share that what you are requesting is not possible using PowerPoint as well. If you are able to achieve this in PowerPoint, please share sample presentation with us and we shall investigate that further on our end.

Thank you for the response.

I am thinking to use ole object for this.
Is there any documentation with all class names accepted for OleObjectFrame?

Thank you.

@bogdanhr,

There is no definite documentation section available to tell which class names are accepted as OLE Frames. Aspose.Slides supports all OLE Frame objects supported in PowerPoint. Some of class names are as under.

Excel.Sheet.8 is for XLS format
Excel.Sheet.12 is for XLSX format
AcroExch.Document.11 is for PDF
AcroExch.Document.7 is for PDF
Word.Document.8 is for Doc format
Word.Document.12 is for Docx format

I also suggest you to please visit following thread link as well for your convenience.

Hi

Thank you for the response. This is a good help for me.
I have also another question regarding ole frame.
I create a ole frame with content but the frame is not showing the file preview. After i open the document from frame and save the ppt file (not by code) and reopen it, the ole frame shows the preview.

Is there a way to force the preview to be shown without this open and save?

Thank you!

@bogdanhr,

I have tried understanding your following question and have not been able to completely understand this. Can you please share details in this regard.

Hi,

So i create the ppt file with a ole object on a slide. Opening the file, i see the ole object showing a red text “embedded ole object”.

Instead of this i want to see the preview of the file.

If i insert a ole object directly from powerpoint the object is displayed with the preview.
This is wat i want to achieve by using aspose.

@bogdanhr,

I have observed your requirements and suggest you to please visit following link for your kind reference.