Getting Error as Invalid license type

Hello,

We are using currently aspose.report.lic in our application for the report generation. After generation or while generating the report we are getting error as Invalid license type.

We have noticed that Aspose has discontinued this module from March 2011, And that is supported up to .Net 3.3.0

Could you please suggest us what alternative license we should acquire?
We are currently working on .NET 3.5

Many Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, you are right, Aspose.Report and its support was discontinued a few years back and no support will be available for this API now.

As far as your issue is concerned, 3.3.0 was the last version of Aspose.Report, it was not the version of .NET so you can still use Aspose.Report with .NET 3.5 if you have the DLLs. If you have the older installer of Aspose.Report, you can use the DLL from net2.0 folder (which can be used with .NET 2.0 or later versions of the .NET). You will not be able to use .NET 1.1 DLL in .NET 3.5 however .NET 2.0 DLL can be used in .NET 3.5.

You can also use Aspose.Cells for .NET as an alternate. It allows you to create Excel charts and save the charts as images as well as Excel files. Please check Working with Charts for more details. Aspose.Cells supports all features which were supported by Aspose.Report when it comes to creating charts.

Best Regards,

Hello,

Can you please tell me URL, Where I can get .Net 2.0 DLLs?

Thanks

Hi,

We maintain the releases for last one year only. If you have the older installer of Aspose.Report saved at your end, then you can install it again to get the .NET 2.0 DLL. We do not have any copy of Aspose.Report stored at our end.

If you want to use Aspose.Cells for .NET, you can download it from http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/default.aspx

Best Regards,

Hello,

I have tried installing Installer for Aspose.cells. Now i am getting error as invalid license type Aspose.Excel

Is this the same problem?

Many thanks for your help!

Hi,

Can you please share your license file, you can follow the instructions from http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/faqs/send-license-to-aspose-staff.aspx to send your license file.

Best Regards,