We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Getting error "You are using an evaluation copy and have opened files exceeding limitation."

I have a single spreadsheet that has 20 worksheets in it. I have code that extracts a Workbook for the file, for each worksheet. That code worked, until I tried to process more than 18 worksheets. Then, I got the error "You are using an evaluation copy and have opened files exeeding limitation.".

We do not have an evaluation copy, we have a license purchased Aug 2013.

The loop in my code that is processing each worksheet creates a new Workbook(FileInfo), which is stored in a local variable, which goes out of scope at the end of the loop. When I process any 18 of the worksheets, everything works. As soon as I try to process a 19th worksheet, I get the error. That makes me think some resource is not being released, but I don't know what it would be.

Could you please assist with this?

Hi there,


Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

The message that you have mentioned is actually the Aspose.Cells’ evaluation limitation, that is; without setting a valid license you cannot open more that 100 workbooks in your program. Please read more about this subject on the Aspose.Cells Licensing page.

As you have mentioned that you have a valid license, therefore the presented problem could be a bug on the part of Aspose.Cells API. We would request you to please give a try to the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.1.0 in your actual program to see if it makes any difference. In case the problem persists, we will require an executable sample application along with template spreadsheet and your license file to replicate the problem on our end. Please make an archive of your sample application before attaching it to this thread. Please DO NOT include the license file in the archive as we do not allow sharing the license files via forum thread. In order to share the license file, please follow the instructions provided here.

When I looked at the code again with the intent to create an application to reproduce the problem, I realized that my code WASN'T setting the license, so it WAS getting the evaluation copy. Once I set the license, it worked fine. So, you can close this thread.

Hi,


It’s good to know that you are up and running again. Please feel free to write back in case you need our further assistance with Aspose APIs.