Getting stuck during pdf.save

I have a xml file which I need to convert it to a pdf.

Pdf pdf = new Pdf();

String dataXmlStr = getFromFile();

pdf.bindXML(new StringBufferInputStream(dataXmlStr), null);

pdf.save(fileName);

Aspose 2.7.0

But the control is getting stuck during pdf.save. In the console I am not getting any exception or any progress.

Is there any method where I can see whats happening in the Aspose background ? Any log file , any command etc etc.

The xml which I have contains some data which I cant not share.

Hello Sriman,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I am afraid currently we don't have any property or method that can help in viewing the background processes being executed when generating PDF document. However, for the sake of implementation, I have logged this requirement as PDFJAVA-28925 in our issue tracking system under New Features list. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of correction.

More along, regarding the issues that you are facing during PDF generation, I am afraid until or unless we are able to replicate it in our environment, we might not be able to figure out the actual root cause of this problem and it will be quite difficult to get this issue resolved. You may consider removing the sensitive information from source XML file and replace it with sample data and share the document with us. Or, in case you are not comfortable while sharing this document in forums, you may consider sending it directly to us. Please follow the instructions specified over How to send a license?

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hello Sriman,

Thanks for your patience.

We have further analyzed your requirement regarding the “Ability to see whats happening in Background during PDF generation” and have observed that its pretty much difficult to provide the complete log file. However, can you please share what exact information you would be interested to see in the log file. May be we can try supporting the feature to display a smaller portion of information from overall PDF generation process. Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.