Graph given as PowerPoint slide object not rendered properly into pdf

Dear Aspose Team,

we observe the following problem with Aspose Words 15.11.0.0:

In our Word template (see first attachment), we have a Microsoft PowerPoint slide object showing a graph, i.e. OLE of PowerPoint in Word. After using Aspose Words 15.11.0.0 to render it into the PDF format, the arrows are changed: they do not end exactly at the boundaries of the boxes any more, but are slightly longer; depending on the layering, the arrow heads can end up below the boxes (see second attachment).

Is this a known problem?

Thanks in advance, best regards,

Chris (on behalf of hessen)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-12986. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,

thank you for your reply. We are looking forward to learn about a fix.

Best regards,
Chris

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-12986) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Dear Aspose Team,

I tested with this new Aspose Words version 16.3.0, but I still observe the differences in the PDF to the Word template as reported in this thread.

Those differences are quite small, but qualitatively significant. Maybe they can be seen better if one prints out the Word template and the resulting PDF and holds them on top of each other against a strong light source. Most obvious is the fact that in the PDF the intended small gap between the box "Marktpreisrisiken" and ". Zinsen . Wechselkurse . Rohstoffe . Sonstige" is not there: the darker grey box of "Marktpreisrisiken" and the lighter grey box of ". Zinsen ..." are in contact with each other.

Please let us know if you see different results. I have tested with Aspose Words 16.3.0, with the assembly to use with .NET Framework 4.0 and higher (folder net4.0).

Thanks, best regards,

Chris (on behalf of hessen)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario using latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 16.3.0 and have not found the issue reported in this forum thread. We have attached the output Pdf with this post for your reference. Could you please share the problematic Pdf along with screenshots of problematic sections here for further testing? We will investigate the issue and provide you more information.

Hi Tahir,

thank you for your reply. I was on holiday, therefore I'm only replying today.

Sorry, I mixed up the issues: I agree that the issues filed as WORDSNET-12986 are fixed in version 16.3.0. I mixed them up with the issues reported later in another thread and filed as WORDSNET-13317, which are not yet fixed in 16.3.0 (and haven't been claimed to be already fixed in that version).

I assume that these open issue filed as WORDSNET-13317 will be fixed in a future version of Aspose Words, and I'm looking forward to this version.

Thanks, best regards,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing the detail. The issue WORDSNET-13317 has not fixed yet. We will inform you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. Please follow that thread for further proceedings.