Griddesktop SortRange doesn't have undo/redo feature

Hello,

SortRange doesn’t have undo/redo feature activated, even if we use the gridDesktop1.UndoManager.BeginChanges();
gridDesktop1.UndoManager.EndChanges();

code sample.

Any idea ?

Hi,

Could you create a simple sample project with Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v9.0.0 (latest version), zip it to post us here to show the issue. Also give us steps involved to reproduce the issue, we will check it and log a ticket for it (if appropriate) to get it fixed soon.

Thank you.

Hello,

See project sample attached.

Run the project and :
1-Select range of cell
2-Press the sort button (new button appears in the sheet)
3-Click the first column button (sort is done)
4-Click the second column button (sort is done)
5-Press the sort button (button disappears)

Undo/Redo doesn’t work

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project.

I too could not find the sort button as mentioned by Shakeel Faiz in your other thread:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/25495

Could you give us some screenshots and/or demo video to explain the steps and everything, so we could simulate the same while using your project to reproduce the issue on our end.

Thank you.

Hello,

See an image of my toolbar.
From left to right :
1-Insert Row
2-Insert Column
3-Remove Row
4-Remove Column
5-Format
6-Sort
7-Remove Duplicate
8-Not used
9-Freeze Pane
10-Unlock Pane
Hi Richard,

AsterYRI:
Run the project and :
1-Select range of cell
2-Press the sort button (new button appears in the sheet)
3-Click the first column button (sort is done)
4-Click the second column button (sort is done)
5-Press the sort button (button disappears)

Undo/Redo doesn't work

Thank you for providing the updated project. I am able to notice the said problem, that is; clicking the sort tool strip button again removes the sort filter buttons from the worksheet, however, I am not sure what behaviour do you expect. Please note, clicking the sort button executes the follow snippet which removes the sort filter buttons from the Worskheet. Please be kind enough provide more details on your expected results so I may look further into this matter to assist you with it.

C#

// remove "sort row"
rowi = celoc.Row;
for (coli = 0; coli < ws.ColumnsCount; coli++)
{
int test = ws.Cells[rowi, coli].Type;
ws.Controls.Remove(rowi, coli);
}

Hello,

The problem is when you have sorted the data, undomanager undo counter stay at 0.

So when your are sorting data, you canno’t undo the changes.
It should be great that, when sorting, undo feature is enabled.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the explanation. Please allow me some time to perform more tests and get back with updates in this regard.

Hi again,

This is to update you that I have logged an investigative ticket with Id CELLSNET-44787 in our database as it seems that UndoManager isn’t recording the changes done by the sort operation. Please spare us little time to further analyze the case and revert back with updates in this regard.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-44787 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the following latest fix: Aspose.Cells for GridDesktop v17.1.5 and let us know your feedback.

It fixes the following issue

• CELLSNET-44787 - SortRange doesn’t have undo/redo feature

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44787) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.2.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.