GridWeb is slow

Hello,

I have a page that is using Aspose.Cells for .NET GridWeb control.
It’s taking to long to render all the cells (there can be lots of cells).

Attached is a print screen with the results taken from IE built in profiler.
I would like to know if there is some tricks or settings that I can check to improve the render speed.

Best regards,
Antonio Carvalho

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Please try setting the var needInitAligmentAdjust=false;" (in “acwmain.js” file) and see if it may improve the performance to some extent.

If you still face the problem, please download and try the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.5.0 and provide your sample runnable project to look into this issue.

Hi Shakeel,

I’ve tried your fix and the new grid version.
Its the same.
I’ve uploaded a sample and a database in MS SQL 2012. There is also a small video on how to use the sample.

Please let me know if you need aditional information.
Best regards,
Antonio

Hi,

Please provide us simple runnable project and remove dependencies of database and other third party softwares. We will look into your project and update you asap.

Hi,

Please use the sample I’ve provided. I have already spent lots of time to send you this sample. It’s as simple as I can.
I’ve tried to produce another one, simpler, but it was not producing the result that I need to show you.
I can provide you in another database format.

Best regards,
Antonio

Hello,

Have you been able to run my sample?
Did you have a solution for my problem?

Best regards,
Antonio Carvalho

Hi,

It is difficult for us to evaluate your issue because of external data source. We have logged your issue in our database for investigation. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41815.

Hello,

Do you have an update?
We have a customer that is putting pressure on us about this problem.

Best regards,
António Carvalho

Hi,

We are afraid, there is no update for you at this moment. However, we have logged your comment in our database against this issue. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

We have watched the video.

Please use the latest version of gridweb and in latest version, please try setting the var needInitAligmentAdjust=false;" (in “acwmain.js” file) ,

It will surely resolve your problem.

However actually we could not import your project ,

Your solution file shall point to a csproject ,while not the url http://localhost/GridTest.

Visual Studio 2012

Project("{E24C65DC-7377-472B-9ABA-BC803B73C61A}") = "GridTest", "`http://localhost/GridTest`", "{20D818E7-98A6-4C4A-A44E-B7B03B28E753}"

There is no project file and acwmain.js in your project .

Hello,

I’ve tried again, and it the same.
I have a new smaller and i’ve remove all 3rd party references.

You can also find the acwmain.js file that I’ve changed, and in the page_load there is the line code to set it’s path:

gdEscala.ACWClientPath = “~/”

The project is compiled in vb.net and framework 2.0, this version is for Visual Studio 2010.
There is also this file in bin folder: PSS.INI where you must change the OleDB connection for your database server. You can use a UDL file to generate the connection or change the ini file.

Regards,
Antonio Carvalho

Hello,

Let me add some information that could be important.
If the full grid can be fit in the page, the control is fast (at least is tolerable).
If part of the grid (for now I have only tested with rows that don’t fit) the grid takes a long time to render.

Also, there could be some problem in my code, as the acwmain.js script that the browser is loading does not have the changes that I’ve made. Please take a look at my code, and tell me what am I doing wrong.

Best regards,
Antonio Carvalho

Hi,

We have logged your comments in our database for investigation. We will look into it and advise you. Please spare us some time. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

We could not import your project, where is your project file (some thing like .vbproj )

Your solution file should point to a csproject and not the url http://localhost/GridTest.

Hello,

My project is using directly the IIS. You should open it via IIS and not via File System.
This is because your control has an problem when we try to use via File System.
You need to publish it in a local IIS as I am.

Besides, you have the solution file, that should be enough. You can also read the code. As I've posted before, it's a VB.NET project, not C#.

Regards,
Antonio Carvalho

Just to add a bit more to how you can use my project.

If you must use it via file system, you can unzip to a folder, and then in Visual Studio 2010 (2012 is similar), go to menu File, Open, Web Site, choose file system in the left, choose the folder where the zip was expanded in the right panel, and then use the Open button.

That should do it!

Please take a look on how long this is taking… it’s way to long!

Regards,
Antonio

Hi,

We have logged your comments in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix the issues. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Which code encoding you are using, we can not open some files in your project.

While we run your code we got

Warning: you don’t have authorization to see this page.

You don’t have permissions to see this directory or page using this credentials.

If problem persists, please contact the administrator.

There are so many files in your project. Actually we don't want to dig into so many files.

Could you send us a small simple project which contains the only page that can just show what issue of Gridweb you meet.

Please don't put any other of your business logic there.

That’s because the web.config is set to use windows authentication (this project uses this option by default).

Change the file to use forms authentication. You can use the attached file.
I would never have guessed that in all your programmers, not a single one have ever used this configuration.

Which files you cannot open?
You keep on saying that you can not open my project, and you never tell me why, or what errors you got.
This is taking too long… everyone is getting really worried, everyone except you, I think.

Regards,
Antonio Carvalho

Hi,

We requested you earlier to provide us a simple project and you did not provide it. Please see the above comments from development team.

There are so many files in your project. Actually we don’t want to dig into so many files.

Could you send us a small simple project which contains the only page that can just show what issue of Gridweb you meet.

Please don’t put any other of your business logic there.