Highlight converted to shading

Hi,

We have implemented find and replace token using aspose word. We have highlighted HTML text which we want to insert into the document. HTML has highlighted text using background-color. While converting to word highlighted text is converted with shading rather than background color. Is there a property using which HTML background will be converted to text background only and not text shading.

Thanks,
Hemant

@hemant_thote,
Please ZIP and attach your input and desired output documents here for testing. We will investigate the issue and provide you information on it.

Hi,

Please find attachment for input document, output document and input string document.

New folder.zip (43.2 KB)

Input document string contents two string.
Actual string = String before converted to HTML and stored in our database
HTML string = HTML String retrieved from database and inserted into the document.

Please let me know if anything else is required from our side.

Thanks,
Hemant

@hemant_thote,
Could you please also provide sample code that will allow us to reproduce the problem. Simple insertion of your string into the document does not allow us to reproduce the problem.

@hemant_thote,
Please ignore my last post. We manage to reproduce the same behavior. Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the behavior of MS Word. If you convert HTML file with HTML string you used using MS Word, it will convert highlighted text with shading.

thanks for response.

Hi,

I understand that it convert HTML background color to Word Shading when HTML is imported into MS word. But don’t we have any option in aspose which will convert HTML background color to Word highlight and not shading.

This is very critical requirement for us. Please help out.

I have see such issues reported earlier as well. Can you please tell us what solution we have provided in those cases. Please see below links

@hemant_thote Unfortunately, there is no option to import background color as highlight color. However, you can convert the colors after loading document. I provided a simple code example in your another thread