We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

How to set Aspose.Cells license in ColdFusion

Hello,

I am trying to set our purchased license into the code to eliminate the watermark. We are using ColdFusion.

I tried this:
<cfset license=CreateObject(“java”, “com.aspose.cells.lic”).init()>
<cfset setLicense = license.setLicense(“Aspose.Cells.lic”)>

but no luck. I’ve placed the license file in the C:/ColdFusion8/wwwroot/WEB-INF/lib directory alongside the .jar files. Where am I going wrong?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi,

The path to load License file is to use file path, not classpath. So, please put the license file at any place your application could access it fine and give the correct path for license.setLicense() method. When you simply input the path as "Aspose.Cells.lic", the path in fact should be relative to your web application's root folder, not the WEB-INF/lib and so the license file cannot be found.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

I moved the .lic file to the root of the website. I tried:

and

<cfset setLicense = license.setLicense("/Aspose.Cells.lic")>

But still getting errors (Class not found: com.aspose.cells.lic
) . Thanks for your help.

Mike

1 Like

Hi,

Please change the line:

to:

<cfset license=CreateObject(“java”, “com.aspose.cells.License”).init()>
as the class name is License and not lic.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi,

I now get: 'The setLicense Method was not found’

With:

<cfset license=CreateObject(“java”, “com.aspose.cells.License”).init()>

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please try the following code to set your license in cold fusion:

If you still face any problem, try using the complete license file path e.g. C:\ColdFusion9\Aspose.Cells.lic

Thank You & Best Regards,

I don’t get an error with this:

<cfset LicfileI = LicFile.init(JavaCast(“string”,“D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Intranet\Aspose.Cells.lic”))>

<cfset workbook=CreateObject(“java”, “com.aspose.cells.Workbook”).init()>

<cfset sheet= worksheets.getSheet(“Sheet1”)>

<cfset cell.setValue(“Hello World!”)>
<cfset workbook.save(“D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Intranet\testtwg\sales_reports\engr\temp\out2.xls”)>

But -

The result xls file still has a tab talking about it being an evaluation copy. We purchased in Aug. 09 - I have the PO number if you need it.

Am I still missing something?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please update your code as below.

<cfobject action="create" type="java" class="java.io.FileInputStream" name="LicFile">

<cfset LicfileI = LicFile.init(JavaCast("string","D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Intranet\Aspose.Cells.lic"))>

<cfobject action="create" type="java" class="com.aspose.cells.License" name="license">

<cfset workbook=CreateObject("java", "com.aspose.cells.Workbook").init()>

<cfset sheet= worksheets.getSheet("Sheet1")>

<cfset cell.setValue("Hello World!")>

<cfset workbook.save("D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Intranet\testtwg\sales_reports\engr\temp\out2.xls")>

Hello,

I get an error reading:
‘Error when parse license stream’ line 8 which is

<span style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: “Segoe UI”,“sans-serif”;”><cfset license.setLicense(LicfileI)>

Thanks,

Mike
<span style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: “Segoe UI”,“sans-serif”;”><o:p></o:p>

Well, I checked the code (shared in my previous post) and it works fine. Please send us your license file via email and we will check it soon. Please follow the steps mentioned in the below link to send us the license file (please don’t post your license file in the forum).

http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/faqs/send-license-to-aspose-staff.aspx

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We have received your file via email. I checked your issue with you license file and still I am not able to reproduce the issue you mentioned. Please share the complete sample code, your system environment like OS, Cold Fusion version, Aspose.Cells version etc. This will help us figure out the issue soon.

Here is the complete code:

Hello World!

This example shows how to create a simple MS Excel Workbook using Aspose.Cells

<cfset LicfileI = LicFile.init(JavaCast(“string”,“D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Intranet\Aspose.Cells.lic”))>

<cfset license.setLicense(LicfileI)>

<cfset workbook=CreateObject(“java”, “com.aspose.cells.Workbook”).init()>

<cfset sheet= worksheets.getSheet(“Sheet1”)>

<cfset cell.setValue(“Hello World!”)>

<cfset workbook.save(“D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Intranet\testtwg\sales_reports\engr\temp\out2.xls”)>

Download

<!— Tell the browser to expect an Excel file attachment.
<cfheader
name=“content-disposition”
value=“attachment; filename=out.xls”
/>

<!—
Tell browser the length of the byte array output stream.
This will help the browser provide download duration to
the user.
—>
<cfheader
name=“content-length”
value="#REQUEST.ExcelData.Size()#"
/>

<!— Stream the binary data to the user. —>
<cfcontent
type=“application/excel”
variable="#REQUEST.ExcelData.ToByteArray()#"
/>

—>

The OS is Windows Server 2003,
ColdFusion version 8.0
- ColdFusion is installed on the C drive, however, it loads InetPub on the D. Cells is working without the license (just getting the register notification).
Aspose.Cells (I believe I have installed JDK 1.4). Let me know if I need to install JDK 5.0 instead.

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the details.

We will look into your issue and get back to you soon.

Hello -

I typed in Java - version to terminal and I am apparently running 1.6.0_17-b04
Is this the issue?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I ran your exact code with your license file and it works absolutely fine. My system environment is Windows XP, ColdFusion 9, and JDK 5.0. Please make sure you are using the jar file in JDK 5.0 folder in your installation path. Also, share the complete exception stack trace (which may help us in finding the issue). We will also try to create same system environment as yours to try and figure out the issue.

Thank you for your constant support in figuring out the issue,

Hello,

I made sure I have the JDK 5.0 and restarted Coldfusion server. Here is the entire output error:

<tr>
    <td colspan="2">
        <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    	<tbody><tr>
    	    <td><font style="color: black; font: 8pt/11pt verdana;">Browser  </font></td>
    		<td><font style="color: black; font: 8pt/11pt verdana;">Mozilla/5.0

(Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115
Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

The following information is meant for the
website developer for debugging purposes.

Error Occurred While Processing Request

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500">
<tbody><tr>
    <td id="tableProps2" align="left" valign="middle" width="500">
        <h1 id="textSection1" style="color: black; font: 13pt/15pt verdana;">
        Error when parse license stream.
        </h1>
    </td>
</tr>
<tr>
    <td id="tablePropsWidth" colspan="2" width="400">
        <font style="color: black; font: 8pt/11pt verdana;">

</font>
    <br></td>
</tr>
<tr>
    <td height=""> </td>
</tr>

<tr>
    			<td colspan="2" width="400">

The error occurred in <b>D:\InetPub\wwwroot\Intranet\testtwg\sales_reports\engr\test.cfm:

line 11

</font></td>
    		</tr>

<tr>
			    <td colspan="2">

<pre>9 : <cfobject action="create" type="java" class="com.aspose.cells.License" name="license"><br>10 : <br><b>11 : <cfset license.setLicense(LicfileI)></b><br>12 : <br>13 :  <br></pre>

</td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td colspan="2">
					<hr color="#c0c0c0" noshade="noshade">
				</td>
			</tr>

<tr>
    <td colspan="2">
        Resources:
        </font><ul><font style="color: black; font: 8pt/11pt verdana;">	    
<li>Check the <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/proddoc_getdoc" target="new">ColdFusion documentation</a> to verify that you are using 

the correct syntax.

• Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.
  •         </font></ul>

Remote
    Address
    Referrer
    Date/Time 28-Feb-10
    06:59 PM

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500">
        <tbody><tr>
            <td valign="top">
                <font style="font: 8pt/11pt verdana;">
                Stack Trace 
            </font></td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td id="cf_stacktrace">
                	at 

cftest2ecfm1277860170.runPage(D:\InetPub\wwwroot\Intranet\testtwg\sales_reports\engr\test.cfm:11)

<br>
                <br>
                </font><pre><font style="color: black; font: 8pt/11pt verdana;">com.aspose.cells.AsposeLicenseException: Error when parse license stream.<br>	at com.aspose.cells.License.setLicense(Unknown Source)<br>	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)<br>	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)<br>	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)<br>	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)<br>	at coldfusion.runtime.java.JavaProxy.invoke(JavaProxy.java:87)<br>	at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2272)<br>	at cftest2ecfm1277860170.runPage(D:\InetPub\wwwroot\Intranet\testtwg\sales_reports\engr\test.cfm:11)<br>	at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:196)<br>	at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:370)<br>	at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65)<br>	at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:273)<br>	at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40)<br>	at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:86)<br>	at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:70)<br>	at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)<br>	at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)<br>	at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:46)<br>	at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)<br>	at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)<br>	at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:175)<br>	at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89)<br>	at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:86)<br>	at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42)<br>	at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)<br>	at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94)<br>	at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101)<br>	at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)<br>	at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)<br>	at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:286)<br>	at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)<br>	at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:203)<br>	at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320)<br>	at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)<br>	at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266)<br>	at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)<br></font></pre></td></tr></tbody></table></font></td></tr></tbody></table><br>

Thank you for sharing the complete exception stack trace.

We will further look into your issue and will get back to you soon.

Hi,

Please try the attached version.

We have added some more exception messages for setting license. Please try this new fix and give us the output error messages. Or you can just transform the following java code to the script in ColdFusion and see whether it can work fine now:

javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory builderFactory = javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
    javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder builder = builderFactory.newDocumentBuilder();
    builder.parse(new FileInputStream("Aspose.Cells.lic"));

Thank you.

Amjad,

Here is my revised trace - thanks :

<tr>
        <td colspan="2">
            <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
        	<tbody><tr>
        	    <td><font style="color: black; font: 8pt/11pt verdana;">Browser  </font></td>
        		<td><font style="color: black; font: 8pt/11pt verdana;">Mozilla/5.0

(Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115
    Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

The following information is meant for the
    website developer for debugging purposes.

Error Occurred While Processing Request

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500">
    <tbody><tr>
        <td id="tableProps2" align="left" valign="middle" width="500">
            <h1 id="textSection1" style="color: black; font: 13pt/15pt verdana;">
            Error when parse license stream.
            </h1>
        </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td id="tablePropsWidth" colspan="2" width="400">

</font>
        <br></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td height=""> </td>
    </tr>

<tr>
        			<td colspan="2" width="400">

The error occurred in <b>D:\InetPub\wwwroot\Intranet\testtwg\sales_reports\engr\test.cfm:

line 11

</font></td>
        		</tr>

<tr>
    			    <td colspan="2">

<pre>9 : <cfobject action="create" type="java" class="com.aspose.cells.License" name="license"><br>10 : <br><b>11 : <cfset license.setLicense(LicfileI)></b><br>12 : <br>13 :  <br></pre>

</td>
    			</tr>
    			<tr>
    				<td colspan="2">
    					<hr color="#c0c0c0" noshade="noshade">
    				</td>
    			</tr>

<tr>
        <td colspan="2">
            Resources:
            </font><ul><font style="color: black; font: 8pt/11pt verdana;">	    
    <li>Check the <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/proddoc_getdoc" target="new">ColdFusion documentation</a> to verify that you are using 

the correct syntax.

• Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.
  •         </font></ul>

Remote
    Address
    Referrer
    Date/Time 02-Mar-10
    06:29 PM

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500">
        <tbody><tr>
            <td valign="top">
                <font style="font: 8pt/11pt verdana;">
                Stack Trace 
            </font></td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td id="cf_stacktrace">
                	at 

cftest2ecfm1277860170.runPage(D:\InetPub\wwwroot\Intranet\testtwg\sales_reports\engr\test.cfm:11)

<br>
                <br>
                </font><pre><font style="color: black; font: 8pt/11pt verdana;">com.aspose.cells.AsposeLicenseException: Error when parse license stream.<br>	at com.aspose.cells.License.setLicense(Unknown Source)<br>	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)<br>	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)<br>	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)<br>	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)<br>	at coldfusion.runtime.java.JavaProxy.invoke(JavaProxy.java:87)<br>	at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2272)<br>	at cftest2ecfm1277860170.runPage(D:\InetPub\wwwroot\Intranet\testtwg\sales_reports\engr\test.cfm:11)<br>	at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:196)<br>	at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:370)<br>	at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65)<br>	at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:273)<br>	at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40)<br>	at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:86)<br>	at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:70)<br>	at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)<br>	at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)<br>	at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:46)<br>	at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)<br>	at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)<br>	at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:175)<br>	at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89)<br>	at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:86)<br>	at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42)<br>	at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)<br>	at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94)<br>	at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101)<br>	at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)<br>	at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)<br>	at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:286)<br>	at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)<br>	at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:203)<br>	at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320)<br>	at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)<br>	at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266)<br>	at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)<br>Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.<br>	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)<br>	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)<br>	at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:124)<br>	... 36 more<br></font></pre></td></tr></tbody></table></font></td></tr></tbody></table><br>

Hi,

It seems your license file is corrupted and cannot be recognized as a valid
    xml file. I think you can try the code shown in our previous post, the code does
    not use Aspose.Cells any more and only try to load the xml file by SAX. I
    think it should give an exception too. Did you modified the license file manually? To trace this issue, please transform following code to the script in
    ColdFusion and give us the output file(res.dat) and your original license
    file(both by mail please):
    FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream("Aspose.Cells.lic");
    ByteArrayOutputStream baos = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
    int c = fis.read();
    while(c > -1)
    {
    baos.write(c);
    c = fis.read();
    }
    FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream("res.dat");
    ObjectOutputStream oos = new ObjectOutputStream(fos);