I'm getting Could not load file or assembly 'Aspose.Foundation' for any Aspose.GIS conversion

Whey trying todo a VectorLayer convertion I get this exception:

‘Could not load file or assembly ‘Aspose.Foundation, Version=10.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56’ or one of its dependencies. Invalid pointer (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004003 (E_POINTER))’.

Any ideas on who to solve this?

Hi, @nielsbosma

It seems, there is a special environment. Can you please share the OS name, Aspose.Gis version, type of project (console, unity, xamarin, web, etc). And we will try to help you more

Thanks.

I’m using the latest version of Aspose.Gis/WPF app/.net Framework/Windows 10.

As I load “plugins” of with the Aspose dll belongs in runtime and suspect that it could be the same issue as in this tread: Aspose with Nancy (Could not load file or assembly Aspose.Foundation)

And that you maybe haven’t fixed this in Aspose.GIS?

Thank you for sharing the details.

I’ve logged GISNET-606 to investigate this issue and update you here as soon as additional information is available.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any other issues or difficulty using the product.

I can confirm that by applying a similar solution as the Nancy guy I was able to fix my issue.

We are glad to hear that this workaround has been worked for you too.

Its seams same issue in Blazor app, but can not get a work-around.

Could not load file or assembly ‘Aspose.Foundation, Version=10.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56’. General Exception (0x80131500)

@mcanavar,

Could you please share your complete environment details (e.g. OS name and version, etc.) and a standalone sample project with resource files. We will check it and may log appropriate ticket for it.

@Amjad_Sahi
It is related to : GISNET-1302
My enviorment is "Blazor server side " app DotNet Core 6.0 . Windows 10, Windows Server 2019.
AsposeBlazorServerGIS.zip
See attached blazor serverside sample.

Also Sample using stream for license input.
AsposeBlazorServerGIS_stream.zip

Regards,
Mehmet

@mcanavar,

Thanks the samples and environment details.

Since we already logged a ticket for the issue you posted in other thread (which is in progress),so there is no need to log a separate ticket for the issue into our database. We have logged your provided samples and resource files with the existing ticket (“GISNET-1302”).

Once we have new updates on it, we will let you know.

PS. since you have included license into your zipped archive (project) you attached, so I have removed the projects after we have downloaded.

@Amjad_Sahi
Thank you, the licenses are temporary licenses , but thank you for removing these from the forum.
Sorry about that.

@mcanavar,

You are welcome.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Exception “Could not load file or assembly ‘Aspose.Foundation, Version=10.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56’. General Exception (0x80131500)”

Hi, @nielsbosma

Sorry we weren’t able to make a release last month but now we’re back on track.

The Ticket (GISNET-1302) have been completed in Aspose.GIS for .NET 22.03. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other issues or difficulty using the product.