We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Incorrect conversion of date fields containing the ordinal switch

Hi

I have some fields used to add the current date in a specific format to my documents.
The field code for the ‘day of month’ field is '{ DATE @ “d” * Ordinal }'

When converting the document from docx to PDF, the conversion loses the superscript ordinal suffix. So ‘28th’ becomes ‘28’, and ‘3rd’ becomes ‘3’ in the converted document.

Hope you can fix this in a forthcoming release.

Thanks

I can see that a similar issue was reported a long while back (see https://forum.aspose.com/t/59808).

The issue does not appear to be resolved in the current Java version.

Hi Phil,


Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document and output PDF document showing the undesired behaviour here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

PS: The fix to WORDSNET-7807 was integrated in Aspose.Words 13.4.0 more than a month ago.

Best regards,

Hi Phil,


Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario and have not found the shared issue. Please make sure that you are using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 13.5.0. If the problem still remains, please attach your input Word document here for testing. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Apologies. I’d missed the release of 13.5.0. It seems to work as it should now.

Hi Phil,


Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

Hi,


We have a client who is having a problem with OrdText not working. They are currently on Word 13.1 and for technical reasons are unable to upgrade to a newer version in the short term. I have confirmed that the problem is fixed in 13.5, however, I want to know if there is anything we can do in the short term to get around this issue.

Thanks
Chris
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please share your test document which explain the issue along with expected output document. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Moreover, we always encourage our customers to use the latest version of Aspose.Words as it contains newly introduced features, enhancements and fixes to the issues that are reported earlier. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version (v13.6.0) from here:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/entry478555.aspx