Insert blank lines not working in other pivot columns other than the first in PDF

Hi,

We have come across an issue with output PDF files from Excel files containing Pivot tables. For W can’t seem to pin point the cause of this issue; When we create an Excel file with one table and one pivot table with the following conditions:

1. The table contains at least 3 columns with data.
  2. The pivot table is set to be in “Tabular Form”.
  3. The pivot table is set to “Do not show subtotals”.
  4. The pivot table is set to insert a blank line after each item label of the second column.
  5. There is more than 1 item in each column of the pivot table.

When the described Excel file is converted into a PDF file using Aspose.Cells, the generated file does not have any inserted blank lines in the pivot table.

I have attached a small project to demonstrate the issue. The code simply opens an input file and refreshes all pivot tables in the file. The code ends by saving the refreshed input file as a PDF and XLSX file called “generated file”.

When the two output files are compared you can see the difference.

I have attached an input file “input file with second column with inserted blank line.xlsx” for you to use with this project code. I have also attached a screenshot of the two generated files next to each other.

Additional Information:

• We are currently using Aspose.Cells 7.5.2.1
  • This is a similar issue to another post which was resolved earlier this year.
  • Note that that other bug is still working fine; it’s just the other columns that’s showing the issue.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We were able to replicate this issue using your sample project and source file. The generated pdf does not have inserted blank lines in the pivot table. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and fix the issue. Once the issue is fixed or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41962.

We have also attached the output files for a reference.

Hi,

Could I get an update on this issue please? Was wondering if it is already fixed, or if there is still some work that needs to be done on it.

We have already downloaded 7.5.3.2 from your update in another one of our post, and with this new build we can’t reproduce this issue anymore.

Hi,

Yes, we have resolved the issue in new fixes. We may provide our next fix i.e. v7.5.3.3 (hopefully before the end of this week), so you may try it.

Thank you.

Sounds like good news. Is there any reason why we can’t reproduce the issue in 7.5.3.2?

Hi,

Well, I am not sure about it as we do not get green signal from our developer (who fixed the issue) yet to ask you to use this fix i.e. v7.5.3.2.

Thank you.

Ok, I understand. We’ll just keep an eye on this until the 7.5.3.3 is released then.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have Aspose.Cells 7.5.3.4 and was wondering if the fix for this issue was included in this build.
I downloaded the input file that was attached to this thread and used it as an input to the attached mini application, but although the output PDF was had the inserted blank lines in the correct rows, it did not look the same as the output Xlsx as shown in the attached screenshot.

Hi Sandie-Roy,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We were able to observe this issue. We have reopened the ticket logged for this issue and also logged your comments. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, there is some fix or update for you, we will let you know asap.

We have also attached the output files for a reference.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.3.6 , we have fixed your issue.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41962) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan