Issues converting PDF to Word Document

I am using the code below to convert a PDF document to a Word document and am having a few issues with the generated Word doc. I am attaching both the source PDF and generated Word document.

Public Sub ConvertPDFtoWord(ByVal pPDFDocName As String, ByVal pWordDocName As String)

Dim licensePDF As Aspose.Pdf.License = New Aspose.Pdf.License

licensePDF.SetLicense(“Aspose.Total.lic”)

Dim pdfDocument As Document = New Document(pPDFDocName)

Dim saveOptions As DocSaveOptions = New DocSaveOptions()

saveOptions.Format = DocSaveOptions.DocFormat.DocX

pdfDocument.Save(pWordDocName, saveOptions)

End Sub

I have a few issues with the generated Word document:

1. The PDF contains a mix of pages in portrait and landscape. The generated Word document contains the pages in the correct format, however when printed, the landscaped pages are being treated as portrait. Are there any options or parameters available that will modify the behavior of the generated Word document to correct this issue to mirror the format of the pages in the source PDF?

2. Some of the text in the generated Word document comes out strange. See the last page in the attached Word document for an example – notice how the 3 Contacts have been included in the report displays at the bottom of the page. It appears as though there are a number of spaces between the ‘u’ and ‘d’ in the word included. I have seen this behavior in other generated Word documents – this is just one example.

Can you help me with these issues?

Hi Rick,

RickFosnacht:
2. Some of the text in the generated Word document comes out strange. See the last page in the attached Word document for an example – notice how the 3 Contacts have been included in the report displays at the bottom of the page. It appears as though there are a number of spaces between the ‘u’ and ‘d’ in the word included. I have seen this behavior in other generated Word documents – this is just one example.

Can you help me with these issues?

Thanks for your inquiry. I have noticed the space issue in the subjected word and logged a ticket PDFNEWNET-40280 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

Please note most of the cases issues varies from document to document. So if you are facing same issue with some other documents then we will appreciate it if you please share these here, we will look into these and will guide you accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
Hi Rick,

RickFosnacht:
1. The PDF contains a mix of pages in portrait and landscape. The generated Word document contains the pages in the correct format, however when printed, the landscaped pages are being treated as portrait. Are there any options or parameters available that will modify the behavior of the generated Word document to correct this issue to mirror the format of the pages in the source PDF?

I have tested the printing issue with soft printer, Adobe Acrobat, and noticed the page orientation issue. I have logged a ticket PDFNEWNET-40281 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and rectification. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress within this forum thread.

Best Regards,

Please provide an update to this issue - has anyone taken a look at this yet and is there an estimated date for a fix?

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have noticed the issues recently and currently these are pending for investigation in the queue. We will share any ETAs/findings with you as soon as our product team completes the issues’ investigation. We will keep you updated about issues’ resolution progress.

Best Regards,

Please provide an update on this issue - I have several customers waiting on this fix. Thanks.

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your patience.

We do understand the criticallity of issues which you have been facing but I am afraid earlier reported problems are not yet resolved. However the product team will surely consider fixing these problems as per their schedule and as soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know.

Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.

Any movement on this issue? We have another client asking about the status of a resolution. Please help.

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your patience.

The issues reported earlier are still pending for review and I am afraid they are not yet resolved. However as shared earlier, the product team will surely consider fixing them as per their development schedule and as soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know.

Hello - it has been 3 and 1/2 months since reporting this issue. Do you have a target date for having this looked at and is there any way to get this problem more priority?

Hi Rick,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. I am afraid your issues are still pending for investigation. Please note our product team schedule the issues’ investigation and resolution on first come first basis and we feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers. .

However, we have recorded your concern, also raised the issue priority of above reported issue in normal free support and requested our product team to complete the issue investigation and share a solution/ETA at their earliest. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

Furthermore in addition to normal support option, we have paid support option as well. But please note purchase of enhanced support increases issue precedence over normal support and product team start investigating the issue and plan its fix on priority basis. Purchasing paid support will definitely raise your issue priority but resolution or hotfix is subject to the complexity and priority of issue.

Best Regards,

I am rather surprised and very disappointed that you are telling me that if I subscribe to the paid support option you would address a defect with higher priority.

The Aspose line of products is one of the highest priced on the market, as is the annual subscription fee. I am not requesting assistance in using one of the advertised features of Aspose PDF to Word, which in my understanding would be ‘support’. I am requesting several defects in this feature to be corrected. Do I really need to subscribe to the paid support option in order to have this issue elevated to be addressed in a hot fix?

Hi Rick,

We are sorry for the confusion. Please note we include fixes of both normal support and paid support in our monthly releases as well. However as stated above paid support customer’s issues have some precedence over normal(free) support issues. However if you have question about the Paid support policy then please contact the sales team or post query regarding this in purchase forum.

Furthermore, as stated above we already raised your issue priority within normal(free) support and requested our product team to investigate and share an ETA at their earliest. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

Best Regards,

Hello,

Has there been any movement on this issue at all yet? One of our clients is really pressing for this to be resolved and we may lose them if I cannot report something positive this week. This issue was reported back in February - please help. Thank you.

Hi Rick,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We have shared your concern with the product team and hopefully they will plan issue investigation soon. We will share the update as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,
Can you tell me if any activity has occurred on ticket PDFNEWNET-40281 that was created in early March? I cannot believe that we are the only ones that have reported the issue of portrait and landscape pages in a PDF not being treated properly when converting to Word.

We have waited patiently for almost 5 months on this issue to be addressed - please see if you can give me a projected release date for a fix so we can give our clients an idea of when this will be corrected.

Thank you.

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your feedback. Actually your issues seems file specific, anyhow the issues have been assigned to a developer for investigation and resolution recently. We have passed on your concern to the developer and requested him to complete the investigation and share an ETA as soon as possible. We will keep you updated regarding issues’ resolution progress in this forum thread.

Best Regards,

Hi Rick,

We have good news for you, PDFNEWNET-40281 ticket has been resolved and Its fix will be included in upcoming release i.e. Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.9.0. However PDFNEWNET-40280 is still not resolved. We will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards its resolution.

Best Regards,

This is great news. Is there a projected release date for version 11.9.0 of Aspose.Pdf?

I will be glad to act as a Beta tester for this fix - I have a sandbox environment I can install the update to without affecting our production environment.

Please keep me updated on both the status of PDFNEWNET-40280 and the release of 11.9.0 of Aspose.Pdf.

Thank you!

Rick

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your feedback. Hopefully if every thing goes as per plan then Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.9.0 will be published in first week of August, 2016. However we will notify you as soon as it is released and gets available for download.

I am afraid it would be difficult to share a beta version for testing of PDFNEWNET-40281. However please find attached sample output from pre-release version for review.

Furthermore in reference to PDFNEWNET-40280, we will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

Best Regards,