Issues converting PDF to Word Document

Thank you for the update. Can you give me an update on PDFNET-41349 -TOC alignment issue as well?

RickFosnacht:
Thank you for the update. Can you give me an update on PDFNET-41349 -TOC alignment issue as well?
Hi Rick,

Thanks for your patience.

The product team started investigating earlier reported issue but I am afraid its not yet resolved. However I have intimated the product team to share the current updates regarding its resolution and as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know.
What are the projected release dates for the following fixes:
  • PDFNET-41350 It will be fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.2.0
  • PDFNET-41352 It will be fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.1.0

Hi Rick,

The earlier shared dates are tentative timelines and following is the schedule of release for these versions.

• Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.1.0 is planned to release in January-2017
  • Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.2.0 is planned to release in February-2017

As soon as these versions become available, we will let you know.

Hi Rick,

We are pleased to share that the issue PDFNET-41350 and PDFNET-41352 reported earlier are resolved and their fix will be included in upcoming release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 16.12.0. As soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know.

Thanks for the update - good news.

Can you give me an update on PDFNET-41349 -TOC alignment issue as well?

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-41352;PDFNET-41350) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 16.12.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
RickFosnacht:
Thanks for the update - good news.

Can you give me an update on PDFNET-41349 -TOC alignment issue as well?

Hi Rick,

The issue is still under investigation and is not yet resolved. Meanwhile I have already requested the product team to share the current status regarding its resolution and as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know.

We are still having issues related to PDFNET-41349 - do you have an update on this yet?

I am attaching a current pair of PDF and corresponding converted Word documents using the PDF to Word utility. Note there are 2 different issues with the Word document:
  • Page 1: The text on the first page of the PDF is not being generated in the converted Word document.
  • Page 2: The page numbers in the table of contents do not align properly (this issue was reported a number of months back).
Please confirm that you can duplicate these issues with the attached PDF.

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario with your shared document using following code snippet and Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.2.0 and unable to notice first issue. Furthermore, TOC alignment issue is almost resolved in current release but it still need some more improvement so logged another ticket PDFNET-42236 for further investigate and resolution. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

’ Path of input PDF document<o:p></o:p>

Dim filePath As String = "D:\Downloads\Feb2017.pdf"

' Instantiate the Document object

Dim document As New Aspose.Pdf.Document(filePath)

' Create DocSaveOptions object

Dim saveOptions As New Aspose.Pdf.DocSaveOptions()

saveOptions.Format = Aspose.Pdf.DocSaveOptions.DocFormat.DocX

' Set the recognition mode as Flow

saveOptions.Mode = Aspose.Pdf.DocSaveOptions.RecognitionMode.Flow

' Set the Horizontal proximity as 2.5

saveOptions.RelativeHorizontalProximity = 2.5F

' Enable the value to recognize bullets during conversion process

saveOptions.RecognizeBullets = True

' Save the resultant DOC file

document.Save(“E:\data\Feb2017_flow.docx”,
saveOptions)

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Hi Rick,

RickFosnacht:
We are still having issues related to PDFNET-41349 - do you have an update on this yet?

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario with your shared PDF document using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.2.0 and unable to notice TOC page number alignment issue. It seems your reported issue has been fixed in result of some other fix, find attached sample output for your reference. Please download and try latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET, it will resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

I downloaded the latest version of Aspose.PDF and the issue has been corrected. Thank you.

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your feedback. It is good to know that latest release resolved the issue.

We will keep you updated about your other pending issues.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-41349) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.3.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.