License expiry date?

Hi,

Our company has purchase a license of “Aspose.total for java”.
The subscription expiry date is 20120316

I downloaded aspose pdf version 3.0.1 from aspose web site and I have used the following code to register the license:
aspose.pdf.License lic = new aspose.pdf.License();
try
{
lic.setLicense(AsposeLicenseListener.class.getResourceAsStream(“Aspose.Total.Java.lic”));
}
catch (Exception e)
{
e.printStackTrace();
}

but the pdf exported still has “Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Pdf for Java. Copyright 2002-2011 Aspose Pty Ltd” on the top, would you please tell me why?

Hi,

Thanks for using our products.

I have tested the scenario and have observed that when loading the license file using getResourceAsStream(…) method, the license is not properly being initialized. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as PDFJAVA-22151 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

As a workaround, please try using the following code lines to initialize the license file.

[Java]

// instantiate license object<o:p></o:p>

spose.pdf.License license = new aspose.pdf.License();

// path to license file

license.setLicense(new java.io.FileInputStream(new File("E:/Aspose.Pdf.Product.Family.lic")));

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

I have tried, but it fails with the following exception:
java.lang.Exception: The license is invalid.
at aspose.pdf.License.a(SourceFile:269)
at aspose.pdf.License.setLicense(SourceFile:78)
at com.huayanginfo.crewms.listeners.AsposeLicenseListener.contextInitialized(AsposeLicenseListener.java:24)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4779)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5273)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1566)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1556)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: License signature reading error or signature is invalid.
at aspose.pdf.License.a(SourceFile:331)
at aspose.pdf.License.a(SourceFile:216)
... 12 more
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: The signature is invalid.
at aspose.pdf.License.a(SourceFile:328)
... 13 more

Anyway, is there any update to the bug?
<!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

<![endif]–>

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

Please send us your license file by following the steps mentioned in the below link for testing. We will check it and get back to you.

http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/faqs/send-license-to-aspose-staff.aspx

Regarding the earlier reported issue, I will get further updates from the development team and share with you via this forum thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi,

I have send you my license file. I have tested my license with Aspose.cells and Aspose.pdf.kit. Both the two products can valid my license except Aspose.pdf. Will you please hurry up and give me a solution? After all, I’ve posted this bug months ago and our project is going online and we don’t want our customer to see the evaluation watermark on the generated pdf.

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the license file.

I am able to reproduce your issue while using Aspose.Pdf for Java v3.0.1 with your shared license file. I have created an issue with high priority in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFJAVA-33167. Our development team will check this issue and share their feedback. As soon as I get a response, I will update you via this forum thread.

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The development team has checked your issue and as per there finding, It seems license file content has been modified and it’s signature does not match new content. I think you can contact Aspose Sales team (using Aspose.Purchase forum) to get the copy of your license file by sharing your account / license information with them.

Hi,

Are you sure the cause of the problem is the license file? Why all other components can pass validation except Aspose.pdf? Don’t you think it’s ridiculous?

code:
com.aspose.cells.License cellsLicense = new com.aspose.cells.License();
URL url = this.getClass().getResource("/Aspose.Total.Java.lic");
com.aspose.words.License wordLicense = new com.aspose.words.License();
aspose.pdf.License pdfLicense = new aspose.pdf.License();
com.aspose.pdf.kit.License pdfKitLicense = new com.aspose.pdf.kit.License();
try
{
cellsLicense.setLicense(new FileInputStream(new File(url.getPath())));
wordLicense.setLicense(new FileInputStream(new File(url.getPath())));
pdfKitLicense.setLicense(new FileInputStream(new File(url.getPath())));
pdfLicense.setLicense(new FileInputStream(new File(url.getPath())));
}
catch (Exception e)
{
e.printStackTrace();
}
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: License signature reading error or signature is invalid.
at aspose.pdf.License.a(SourceFile:331)
at aspose.pdf.License.a(SourceFile:216)
… 12 more
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: The signature is invalid.
at aspose.pdf.License.a(SourceFile:328)
… 13 more

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the information and sorry for this confusion. I have again tested the scenario and have observed that same license file is working fine with Aspose.Words for Java and Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java but its displaying the error message with Aspose.Pdf for Java. I have updated the development team with these findings and they are further investigating this issue. Soon you will be updated with the status of correction.

Please be patient and spare us little time. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

In case you forget, please be hurry. Our customers are not happy to see the evaluation watermark…

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.

We have further investigated this issue and have found that the problem is occurring due to an extra blank space before the start of your company name against tag. We have modified the license initialization code in Aspose.Pdf for Java as well as for Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java and this resolution will be included in next release version. However as a current solution, I have requested the sales team to re-generate a correct license file. Soon you will be receiving the correct resource file. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,

I just have sent you the updated license file. Please try using it and in case of any further query, please feel to contact.