License.setLicense Throws InvalidOperationException: License Parsing Error

I have the EXACT same problem. When I use the aspose-slides-22.6-jdk16.jar EVERYTHING WORKS. Usign the same code and aspose-slides-22.8-jdk16.jar I get the error

"com.aspose.slides.exceptions.InvalidOperationException: License parsing error --->
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: 
Property 'http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/property/accessExternalDTD' is not recognized"

All other 22.8 aspose libs work great when updating. Please advise when a fix from Aspose is available.

We are using Java Version 17.0.3

@dfplive,
To investigate the case on our end, we need more details. Please share the following additional data and information:

I will see when we can find some time to prepare this for you. Our licenses is good yall made some change to ad in looking at the source compare on maven. it appears there is a bad reference to an xml parser.

to recap 22.6 works but 22.8 generates the error. so this is NOT our issue but yalls.

thank you

Here is the relevant part of the stack dump. We get NO such error in 22.6
in 22.8 we get
at com.aspose.slides.internal.oh.final.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.internal.oh.return.if(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.internal.oh.return.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.License.setLicense(Unknown Source)

@dfplive,
We will wait for the data and information mentioned above. Without this, we will not be able to check the problem. Thank you.

We are using Aspose.Total.Java license and just now ran into same kind of problem when updating Aspose libraries. We have confirmed the problem on Aspose.Slides v22.8 and v22.7 while v22.6 is OK. The error we get comes from AsposeLicenseLoader:

class com.aspose.slides.exceptions.InvalidOperationException: 
License parsing error ---> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: 
Property 'http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/property/accessExternalDTD' is not recognized.

@dfplive, @tommyR,
It seems to be the issue is the same as described here:

This issue is related to the Linux configuration and can be resolved with the following commands:

yum install -y fontconfig
fc-cache --force

Please let us know if this helps you.

We also experience this issue.
OpenJDK 17, Windows 10, aspose.slides 22.9

@Andrey_Potapov
From my perspective, it seems that aspose.slides changed the way the licence file is parsed in 22.8.
22.7 does not have that issue.
The recent version (2.12.2) of xerces is used in our environment as the XML-Parser.

So we also get the same stacktrace:

com.aspose.slides.internal.oh.final.do(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.internal.oh.return.if(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.internal.oh.return.do(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.License.setLicense(Unknown Source)

Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is class 
com.aspose.slides.exceptions.InvalidOperationException: License parsing error ---> 
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Property 
'http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/property/accessExternalDTD' is not recognized.

@tommyR Sure Aspose.Slides 22.8 did work?

@Andrey_Potapov
First, any Linux configuration does not solve a problem on Windows. Second, if running on Linux, why should anyone need to do some Linux configuration for your license parsing to work? For us 22.6 is working so what did you do to break it in 22.7 and 22.8?

@orgavision
No, as I wrote, for us 22.6 works but not 22.7 nor 22.8

@orgavision, @tommyR,
Please share the remaining data I mentioned above.

@tommyR
Hell yeah you are right. I did read your last comment not correctly sry.
And that 22.7 is working was also not true. An old dependency (22.6. from a prerun was used).
So 22.6 is the last running version.

@Andrey_Potapov
This is the code
new com.aspose.slides.License().setLicense(getLicenseAsStream());
When using a different xml parser. It seems that xerces in the recent version is used but I’m not sure. I’llt try to find out and build a simple project where this conditions are matched so you can reproduce it by yourself - maybe next week.

But in 22.7 there should be a change in the parsing of the license file in Aspose.Slides.
Aspose.Words does not have that problem.

@orgavision,
Thank you for the information. We will be waiting for the sample project, your license file and any additional information about your environment.