Logging posibility

Hi,

We are having some problems with the time it takes to do some calculations in a fairly complex Excel sheet. We would like to be able to find out which parts of the formulas we are using are the ones taking the most time so we can optimize on this. Is it possible to get access to a log or maybe do some kind of profiling?

Hi,

Could you post your template excel file here with sample code here, we will look into your issue soon.

Thank you.

Here you go...

I also have an issue with results in the output sheet in cell R16 which are not read correctly. I get the result 9000 back but if i open the sheet it says 2676.

Hi,

Thanks for your template file.

We will look into your issue and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi again,

We have traced back from the formula in the output sheet in cell R16 which are not read correctly.

The result is a summation and we can see that the fields AG175, 187, 192 and 193 which are part of the summation all return incorrect results.

I hope this helps trace the problem. I have included the document as it looks after the data has been entered.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us further details.

We have found the issue after an initial test, it takes longer time to calculate all the formulas in the workbook and also it gives incorrect results based on the formulas e.g OutPut!R16 etc.

We will fix the issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

We have fixed some bugs and improved the performance of calculating the template file in the new fix 4.8.0.10. Please try the fix and let us know if it works fine for you. But we do not support external link at the moment.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

The version you sent me is not a valid Win32 application. Can you please recompile and attach a version that is?

Hi,

Please try the attached latest version of Aspose.Cells and let us know if it works fine for you.

Hi again,

Your changes worked fine, but we have run into some more problems with formulas that are not calculated correctly. I have attached an Excel document where the sheet "Beregninger" in cell C45 seems to be the point that gives us a wrong result. In turn this means that values in column P and R in the Output sheet are wrong.

I have a customer who is depending on getting this to work, so I hope I can persuade you to look at this as soon as possible.

Hi,

We have found your mentioned issue after an initial test. We will look into it and get back to you soon. You issue has been registered in our Issue Tracking System with Issue ID CELLSNET-11122.

Hello once again

Thank you very much for your great service.

The problem with the INDIRECT formula, have been temporarily solved with another formula, which gives the correct resulting. However now we ran into another problem. In the attached file in the sheet Output, cell P4 are the result 19.910, but the result became 20000 in Aspose. I hope you will be able to look into this at the same time.

Winnie Schmidt

Hi,

Well, I tested with the version (i.e., v4.8.0.10 attached by Nausherwan) using your file “LA+2009-10-16+14-37-12+p876-265+p876-wsc.xlsm” and it works absolutely fine. I gives 19,910.00 before or after calculating formulas in the workbook.

Here is my sample code:
Sample code:

Workbook workBook = new Workbook();
workBook.Open(@“f:\test\LA+2009-10-16+14-37-12+p876-265+p876-wsc.xlsm”, FileFormatType.Excel2007Xlsm);
string val = workBook.Worksheets[“Output”].Cells[“P4”].StringValue;
MessageBox.Show("Val: " + val); //19,910.00
workBook.CalculateFormula();
val = workBook.Worksheets[“Output”].Cells[“P4”].StringValue;
MessageBox.Show("Val: " + val); //19,910.00 —OK
workBook.Save(“f:\test\outputfile.xlsm”, FileFormatType.Excel2007Xlsm);

And, we continue to work on your previous issue(s).

Thank you.

I have just run at debug session with the attached Excel sheet, where I confirmed that we do not get 19,910 back when we read from the sheet but the 20.000 as described above.

I have also attached the result sheet, where you can see the data entered. The above test you have run may not produce the same result because you are not entering the data in the template before you calculate and read. At least that is my best guess.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template files.

We will further look into your issue and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

OK, we found your mentioned issue and we will figure it out soon. A fix would be sent to you when it is resolved.

Thank you.

If it is possible I would love to get an update when you think this fix would be solved.

Thank you.

Winnie

Hi,

Please try the attached version. We have fixed the issue of calculating the formulas.
And, we have also supported to read external links from the template file and calculate them.

Thank you.

I am still running a 32-bit version, so can you please submit that for me…

Hi,

The version I attached (v4.8.0.12) will work fine on 32-bit environments. If you are using 64-bit environment, kindly let us know and we will provide you the supported version of the fix that will work fine on 64-bit machines.

Thank you.