Maven Package Time

When adding a Maven dependency for Aspose.PDF my build time goes from 5 minutes to >25 minutes.
I have even confirmed this in a fresh project with no code except for an empty interface and implementing class.
Is there a particular reason that it has such a huge bundling time?
Is there a way to shorten it?

I asked three questions!

@davidj.martin

The third question related to Aspose.Words has been answered here:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/embed-oleobjects-using-the-aspose-words-package/250238

@davidj.martin

We were unable to notice this issue in our environment. Could you please share the same empty application with us in .zip format with which we can also try to observe the same issue. We will further proceed to assist you accordingly.

asposePdf.7z (11.1 KB)
See attachment. To compile use atlas-package which is a wrapper for the maven process to build the jar to the atlassian specification.

@davidj.martin

An investigation ticket as PDFJAVA-41882 has been logged in our issue tracking system to further analyze this case. We will look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its resolution. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

@davidj.martin

The earlier logged ticket has been closed as Not a Bug.

This building process contains two different parts that take the most time.

1. In general, at the first launch, it took us 10 minutes to finish atlas-package process, half of the time was spent on almost 1000 files downloaded from atlassian-public, required for its plugins.
    maven.atlassian.com/repository/

2. After the second launch, in all the following builds the assembly time is 4-5 minutes, but it is important that almost 4 minutes from this time, was spent on the process of the all classes that were involved in specification by the atlassian plugin: copy-bundled-dependencies

Please take into account that the aspose-pdf library has almost 52 thousand classes in it. And that’s a lot. Because aspose-pdf is a multifunctional library with a lot of functionality.

Accordingly, this is normal behavior. And optimization of this process can only be done by the developers of this plugin. But we didn’t notice so long process as 25 minutes.

There is a possibility to increase the performance by improving the Internet channel for downloading parts and improving processor power for processing classes by the build plugin.

Our conclusion: It is expected behavior.

This is highly odd on your end as I had all the files local and didn’t need to reach the internet to obtain the files.
Did you also point your maven bin at the atlassian 3.5.4 install?

@davidj.martin

We used ATLAS Version: 8.2.7
last updated 04 Dec 2015
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/atlassian-sdk/install-the-atlassian-sdk-on-a-windows-system/
There was no choice, but to download the latest version.

Is it possible that anti malware is interfering in the process here slowing it down?

@davidj.martin

Yes, it is possible. Something makes classes analysis process too long during building process. Try to notice what exactly the plugin takes more time.