Memory Leaks

I’m currently using the Total package as a trial. I’m trying to convert MS (doc,docx,xls,xls) to PDF, so i put together an application that will stress test this feature.

I’ve noticed some considerable memory leaks in using the product, and wanted to ask whether or not there was a proper way to garbage collection with your controls. I’m using C# with framework v4.

tx

Hi,

Well, it (memory / time of conversion) might depend on your XLSX file’s complexity, e.g. if you are rendering lots of charts, formattings or formulas in the Excel file, it may take time. Normally it takes very little time whether you are using XLS or XLSX. Anyways, unless we have your Excel file to evaluate your issue on our end, we cannot say anything final. Please attach your template Excel file here, we will check your issue soon.

Also, we recommend you to kindly use our latest version or fix. You may download and try our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.3.1 if you are not already using it.

Thank you.

this is in regards to memory leaks, not conversion times. so not sure if you are confusing answering this thread for another thread.

What i’m seeing anyway might not be memory leak, but won’t really be sure till i do 100s of iterations. But i think the control is just caching alot of what its doing, which is of course fine. When the entire application is exited, and the controls at that time are garbage collected, i see the memory coming back. so i don’t see at this time, this being a problem.

Hi,

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!

We appreciate if you could create a sample console application, zip it and post it here to reproduce the memory leak issue on our end. Also, attach your template file if you have any. We will check your issue soon.

Thank you.