Missing YValues after Update to Aspose.Slides for .NET 20.4

Hi there,
I have a presentation that has only one shape (see the screenshot inside). After I’ve updated Aspose.Slides.Net packages to 20.4 in my code

myChart.ChartData.Series[0].DataPoints[0].YValue stopped working because in YValue object AsCell property became null.ppt.PNG (11.3 KB)

I’m changing the position of the bubbles and their sizes. Now I cannot do this. Could you advise please how to be?

Best regards,
Vasili Vaskrasenski

@Necare,
Thank you for contacting support.

There were many updates after the version 20.4. Please check your results using the latest version of Aspose.Slides if it is possible. Unfortunately, the version 20.4 will not change. If the issue persists, please share the presentation file you used.

Dear @Andrey_Potapov Thank you for an answer. The main problem is that in 20.3 version it works properly but in 20.4 it stops. Please, find the attached pptx archieve.Test.zip (34.6 KB)

Thank you in advance,
Vasili Vaskrasenski

@Necare,
Thank you for the presentation file. I’ve reproduced the same problem with the AsCell property and added a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-43288 to our issue tracking system. We apologize for any inconvenience. Our development team will investigate the case. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

You would change the size of bubbles as shown below

myChart.ChartData.SeriesGroups[0].BubbleSizeScale = 200;

but I found some issue using this way for your chart. So I also added a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-43289 to our issue tracking system. Our developers will also investigate this case.

It would be great if you can share the following additional information:

• OS version where your code was executed
  • .NET target platform in your app

Dear @Andrey_Potapov, thanks for letting me know. Answering your questions:
OS - Win 10;
.Net Platform - .Net Framework 4.6.2.

You would change the size of bubbles as shown below

I need not only to change the size but change Y-value of the series. In other words I need something like:

chartSeries.DataPoints[0].YValue.AsCell.Value = index + 1;
chartSeries.DataPoints[0].BubbleSize.AsCell.Value = (double)(1 / Math.Sqrt(index + 2));

Is there any workaround for some time?

Best regards.

@Necare,

Thank you for the additional data. I’ve passed it on to our developers.

I think you can read chart data from a chart data workbook like this:

var value = chart.ChartData.ChartDataWorkbook.GetCell(0, 1, 1).Value;

and then change the data values.

Documents: Bubble Chart | Chart Workbook
API Reference: IChartDataWorkbook interface

Hi @Andrey_Potapov,

It doesn’t work. If you try to set the data values via something like

var xAxis = chartSeries.DataPoints[0].XValue;
var yAxis = rankingChart.ChartData.ChartDataWorkbook.GetCell(0, xAxis.AsCell.Row - 1, xAxis.AsCell.Column);
var bubbleSize = (double)(1 / Math.Sqrt(index + 2));
chartSeries.DataPoints.Clear();
chartSeries.DataPoints.AddDataPointForBubbleSeries(xAxis.AsCell, yAxis, bubbleSize);

It fails with an error:

System.ArgumentException: ‘DataSourceTypeForBubbleSizes != DataSourceType.DoubleLiterals and so bubbleSize cannot be of System.Double type.’

I’ve tried different options but it always fails with an exception above. Could you try please?

Best regards,
Vasili Vaskrasenski

@Necare,
I need some time, we will reply to you as soon as possible.

Hi Andrey,

Is there a way to speedup the resolution of this issue? Probably it would be better to use Paid Support (have an enterprise license) but do not know how. This bug blocks me, my team and other teams with the further development. Need ETA.

Best regards,
Vasili Vaskrasenski

@Necare,

I’ve reproduced the same exception and added a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-43291 to our issue tracking system. Our development team will also investigate this case. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

The issues you found have a normal priority. I’ve requested plans for the issue with ID SLIDESNET-43288 from our development team. We will let you know them soon. You can contact Paid Support to speedup the resolution of the issues. Please point out this forum thread or the issue IDs there.

@Necare,
As far as I can see, investigation of the issue will begin this week. When we find out the cause of the problem, we will be able to inform the release version in which a fix will be added.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-43288) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 22.7 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.

@Necare,

Could you please share a presentation file created in PowerPoint from the presentation provided above with the expected result?

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-43289) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 22.9 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.