We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Named Range not properly created in 18.8, but worked in 18.3

Hi,

I probably found a new bug in the latest version.

Code to reproduce:

private static void NamedRangeWorkbookTest()
{  
const string srcFilePath = @"C:\temp\DataTest\AsposeTest\NamedRangeTest.xlsm"; 
const string tgtFilePath = @"C:\temp\DataTest\AsposeTest\NamedRangeTest_Tgt.xlsm";
const string name = "HasFormula"; 
const string value = "=GET.CELL(48, INDIRECT(\"ZS\",FALSE))";
 
Workbook wbSource = new Workbook(srcFilePath); 
WorksheetCollection wsCol = wbSource.Worksheets;

int nameIndex = wsCol.Names.Add(name); 
Name namedRange = wsCol.Names[nameIndex]; 
namedRange.RefersTo = value; 

wbSource.Save(tgtFilePath); 
}

Wrong:
grafik.png (3.9 KB)

Correct:
grafik.png (3.8 KB)

AsposeTest.zip (17.5 KB)

PS.: Inserting code is not easy.

@IT_Helpdesk,

Thanks for the template files, sample code and screenshots.

I have evaluated your scenario/ case a bit using your template files and sample code. I am afraid, I could not find/reproduce the issue what you have mentioned. Even if I open your output files, i.e., “NamedRangeTest_Tgt.xlsm” and “NamedRangeTest_Correct.xlsm”, both show same formula (i.e.,"=GET.CELL(48, INDIRECT(\"ZS\",FALSE))") for RefersTo field in the dialog in MS Excel. Could you provide details on how we can reproduce the issue on our end. I am using MS Excel (english) version . What is the locale/regional settings you use where the RefersTo formula is changed accordingly? We will check it soon.

Hi,

I am using the German Excel Version. (de-AT)

The first part of the formula is not translated:

In German it must be: =ZELLE.ZUORDNEN(48;INDIREKT(“ZS”;FALSCH))
It is: =GET.CELL (48;INDIREKT(“ZS”;FALSCH))

Bold text is correct.

In version 18.3 it worked perfectly, writing english formula into name range, and it was correct opening it with Excel (formula got translated completely).

Version 18.8 maybe has a problem with GET.CELL.

@IT_Helpdesk,

Thanks for providing further details.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-46334” for your issue. We will evaluate your issue and try to figure it out soon. The issue is logged as following:
CELLSNET-46334 - Named Range formula ("=GET.CELL") not properly created in German locale

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@IT_Helpdesk,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fix after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@Amjad_Sahi:

Thank you

Hi,

Any new information about this thopic?

@IT_Helpdesk,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.9.4 (attached)

Your issue “CELLSNET-46334” should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells18.9.4 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.6 MB)

Hi,

Your fix worked fine, thank you, but i found a problem with resizing tables.
I will create a new topic for this, because I don´t know if i has something to do with the fix.

Is documented with: Resizing tables creates changes format of cells

@IT_Helpdesk,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix/version.

And, sure, we will check your issue regarding resizing tables and reply you in your other thread.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46334) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.10. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi