Number Grid ( Gridded Response Bubble Sheet)

I am looking to purchase Aspose OMR .Net if you please confirm the product can do Number Grid ( Gridded Response Bubble Sheet) for my Math assessment. I can provide the sample bubble sheet

@sharondeng

Please check the attached images of bubble sheet which are currently supported by the API. Could you please confirm if you require similar support?

GridAlignCenter_NEW.png (86.1 KB)
json.png (127.0 KB)

yes it is similar. Gr. 7E Generic Student Response Sheet.pdf (559.2 KB)
Gr. 7E Calculator Free Assessment 1 - Final.pdf (204.8 KB)

I have attached my question and answer sheet. Is this something you can do through the API?

@sharondeng

We are looking into your requirements and trying to come up with an example to achieve them. We will get back to you shortly.

@sharondeng

As far as above template is concerned, you can generate such a template using Aspose.OMR for .NET. We have updated the documentation lately where you can please check example in order to generate it.

As for the second template, so far we can not recreate all the elements. Next year (2022), we plan to create ready-made templates with sample code to make it easier for users. A feature request as OMRNET-302 has been logged in our issue tracking system for the purpose. We will further let you know as soon as the functionality is available. Please spare us some time.

I am more concerned about the Student Response Sheet. The example you provided is not numbered grid. it is A, B, C, D… Numbered Grid requires each row has number, either 0,0,0,0 or 1,1,1,1 or 2,2,2,2.

Do you have an example for these?

@sharondeng

We will be getting back to you on it shortly.

@sharondeng

Have you checked this example in the documentation as it contains numbers? Please point out by sharing the screenshot if you need specific changes in it. Furthermore, please check the annotated location on the image attached here and clarify this part of the image as we could not understand the purpose of this: image_2021_12_01T15_05_30_736Z.png (146.4 KB)

I checked that example. No, it is not what we are looking for. Mine requires that answer to each question is numbers in 10 X 4 matrix.

The annotated location is for students to indicate the answer as minus (-), period (.) for example, the answer can be -12.3 or 12.3

@sharondeng

We are afraid that such functionality is not yet supported. However, we have logged a feature request as OMRNET-303 in our issue tracking system to implement it. We will look into its details and let you know as soon as the required feature is available. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you looking forward to hear back from you soon as my schools are waiting for a solution from me.

@sharondeng

We plan to implement this feature next year. We will surely inform you as soon as these tickets are resolved. Please spare us some time.

Now that we are in 2022, do you have a plan when you will have this feature for us as I need to update my management? Thanks

@sharondeng

The both tickets are under the phase of investigation and as soon as we have some definite news about their resolution ETA, we will surely share with you in this forum thread. We highly appreciate your patience and comprehension in this regard. Please spare us some time.

@sharondeng

We would like to share with you that the earlier logged ticket will be resolved in 22.2 version of Aspose.OMR for .NET which will be released soon.

Awesome. Please let me know when I have chance to try it out. Thanks

@sharondeng

Regarding the ticket OMRNET-302, in your template, student responses are handwritten, which makes it impossible to verify the results using OMR. How do you plan to receive the result of the responses?

the collected response sheet is scanned using a scanner into a PDF file

@sharondeng

Thanks for the feedback. We have recorded it along with the ticket and will further let you know when more updates are available.

@sharondeng

We would like to share with you that handwritten content would not be possible to read using Aspose.OMR. You would need to perform OCR on such images and regretfully, Aspose.OCR for .NET does not support recognition of handwritten text yet. At the moment, we can only issue screenshots of handwritten text that you need to check yourself.