I am currently evaluating Aspose.Word, we have a long list of requirements and so far, the only one that seems to be a blocker is the loss of Pantone (Spot) colors when saving a Word document to Word.
The following scenario currently works for us in our application:
- Using an external tool, an EPS file containing Pantone colors is converted to a WMF file in which the Pantone colors are preserved
- On the user’s desktop, a user inserts the WMF image in the Word document and saves the document
- An automated process (our current application) opens the Word document, prints to a PS file and send to Acrobat Distiller, which generates a PDF which contains Pantone colors
- The document is sent to the printer
We intend to develop a .NET process, using Aspose, which would save the Word document to PDF. In our tests, we see that we are loosing the Pantone colors, which is critical for us.
Searching the forum, I found the 2 following discussions, which seem to indicate that Aspose does not yet support Pantone colors:
- Can you confirm if Pantone colors are supported or not in Aspose.Word for .NET
- If not, then would the Aspose.PDF product be of any help for implementing the above described scenario?
- If not, can you qualify where would this issue stand in your priorities? What is the chance that this issue could be resolved within the coming year before we are done with our full implementation of Aspose?
Again, this issue could be a blocker for us if not resolved or no workaround can be found.
Thanks in advance.