PDF Export Missing Lot Of Information

Hello,

While exporting attached Sample.vsd lots of information is missing. Please try at your end and let me know if I am doing anything wrong in code, or it is limitation of the library?

Sample.zip>> The sample vsd file
visio-viewer-tool.png >> How it actually looks
Exported.pdf >> How the exported file via api looks

Thanks,
Jay

Hi Jay,

Thank you for sharing Visio drawing. Yes, it looks the limitations of the library. It is mandatory to apply the license for each single library by adding a couple of lines of code. I have attached my output PDFs with/without the license applied. Could you please recheck that you have applied a license properly? Please take a look over this example topic:

Hello,

I have applied license as per mentioned in your link. Are you using 3.6.1 hotfix version or you have an another development version at your end? Because note my PDF is same as you have shown one without license applied. But it does not have the water mark. The one you have given with license applied looks proper, so ideally I should also have same output right?

I can send over my license file to you and then you can export using my license, because I think there is something related to the version of the Aspose.Diagram DLL and the license file issued to me. Even if the license is proper the DLL does not acknowledge it and gives partial information in export, but no watermark!

One more thing, I am using this from asp.net and not a windows application. If that could change things?

Thanks,
Jay

Hi Jay,

Thank you for sharing details. Yes, I’m using 3.6.1 hotfix version on my end. Please make a zip file of your Aspose license and send us through email. We’ll investigate further and share our findings with you in this forum thread.

Please follow the steps mentioned in the below link to send us the license file:
http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/faqs/send-license-to-aspose-staff.aspx

We’re looking forward to helping you.

Hello Imran,

Please ignore my message and sorry for wasting your support time, I was setting license after the file was loaded!

However one thing you can investigate is doing above mistake, exported file does not show the trial nag message. If that nag was shown on exported pdf, I would have immediately found this issue myself.

I hope you got my point.

Thanks,
Jay

Hi Jay,

Thank you for sharing this information. We’re working over your query and will get back to you soon.

Hi Jay,

Thank you for being patient. It is because you had applied license before exporting to PDF format and drawing was not loaded properly. We always recommend to set the license before using any other Aspose.Diagram classes. So far it is not a bug.

Please do let us know in case of any comments or questions.

Hi Imran,

Yes, I completely agree that it was my mistake.

Just want to draw attention to one point that if a license is loaded wrong, the library should have shown a watermark?

Thanks,
Jay

Hi Jay,

Thank you for your inquiry. We’ve logged an investigation to improve the library. This task has been logged under ticket id DIAGRAMNET-50039 in our issue tracking system. Our development team will look into the matter. Your request has also linked to this issue. We will update you once a significant progress has been made in this regard.

Hi Jay,

Thank you for being patient. From the specifics of ticket id DIAGRAMNET-50039, our development team has completed their analysis. They come to the conclusion that they won’t fix this issue. We could not add watermark when loading a valid license Because reading license’s position does not matter. Please do let us know in case of any comments or questions.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.