PDF to Word Conversion - Underlined Text Recognition Issue

Hello,

I’ve been trying out the Aspoe.PDF library, especially testing the PDF to Word conversion feature. One issue I noticed was that underlined text is not converted to underlined text in the Word document. Instead the lines are added seperately from the text which often causes the lines to not be in the right position and to move when editing the document.
Is there any way to have text be formated as underlined through the conversion process or are there any plans to include this in a future update?
By the way bold or italic text is getting converted without any issues.

Regards,
Christoph Vogeler

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for using our products.

Can you please share the PDF file causing this problem so that we can test the scenario at our end. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Hi,

I sent you the PDF Document via Email a week ago and was just wondering if you had any updates for me? We would very much like to use your software but if the issue with the underlining persits we’re not going to be able to.

Kind Regards

Hi Christoph,

I am afraid I did not receive any email from your end and therefore I could not test this scenario. Can you please again try sending the document by following the instructions specified over How to send a license?

We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for sharing the resource file.

I have tested the scenario using latest release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.6.0 and I am unable to notice any issue. For your reference, I have also attached the resultant DOC file generated over my end. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Hello,

from what I can tell the issue is still present. The text in the document that you attached is still not formated with underlining. Instead it’s still just regular text with lines added on as images.
Also the document you attached was converted using text boxes but as I told in my previous mail I am using the following method since text boxes are of no use to us:

the DocSaveoptions class with
the RecognitionMode set to Flow
the RelativeHorizontalProximitz set to 2.5f and
the Recognize Bullets set to true.

With the 8.6.0 version the underlining issue seems to be even bigger since text is still not being formated as underlined and the lines are now shifted to completely different positions.
As a reference I have attached the resulting file I got from converting with the options stated above.
Is there any chance that this is going to get fixed in a future update?

Kind Regards

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I have tested the scenario and I am able to
notice the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged this issue
as PDFNEWNET-36074 in our issue tracking system. We will further
look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status
of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for
this inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-36074) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.9.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.