Powerpoint to HTML conversion issues

I am converting powerpoint presentation to HTML using Aspose.slides. While checking this i found few issues with conversion
1) If I have numered bullets, conversion is not proper (see slide no 1)
2) If I have some text which is ITALIC, rendering is not proper espacially open converted html in IE or firefox (see Slide no 2)
3) If I have Superscript text in the slide, in html it is appering as compressed, check this on chrome. (see Slide no 3)
4) If I have a table, its border colour changes (see slide 4)
5) If I have Arial Narrow font used, text is getting overlapped (see slide 5 footer)
6) If I have arrow image in between text, it is getting overlapped (see slide 6)
7) Arial Narrow text not rendered properly (see slide 7)

I have attached both powerpoint presentation as well as converted HTML files for your reference.

Hi,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have worked with presentation file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.3 and have been able to verify some issues and have also observed some new issues which have not been mentioned by you.

bhamini.lele:
1) If I have numered bullets, conversion is not proper (see slide no 1)

An issue with ID SLIDESNET-38600 has been created to resolve this issue.

bhamini.lele:
2) If I have some text which is ITALIC, rendering is not proper espacially open converted html in IE or firefox (see Slide no 2)

I have not been able to observe the text ITALIC issue when viewed HTML both in Chrome and Firefox. Please visit this image link for your reference. However, I have observed text spacing issue when viewed the HTML in Firefox and an issue with ID SLIDESNET-38601 has been created to resolve this issue.

bhamini.lele:
3) If I have Superscript text in the slide, in html it is appering as compressed, check this on chrome. (see Slide no 3)

An issue with ID SLIDESNET-38602 has been created to resolve this issue.

bhamini.lele:
4) If I have a table, its border colour changes (see slide 4)

An issue with ID SLIDESNET-38603 has been created to resolve this issue. I have also observed that header row text is rendered as white in HTML instead of black. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-38604 has been created to resolve this issue.

bhamini.lele:
5) If I have Arial Narrow font used, text is getting overlapped (see slide 5 footer)

I have not been able to observe the issue when viewing the HTML in Chrome and Firefox. Please observe this snapshot for reference.

bhamini.lele:
6) If I have arrow image in between text, it is getting overlapped (see slide 6)

An issue with ID SLIDESNET-38605 has been created to resolve this issue.

bhamini.lele:
7) Arial Narrow text not rendered properly (see slide 7)

An issue with ID SLIDESNET-38606 has been created to resolve this issue.

Please try using the specified version on your end to verify the issues that I have not been able to observe. For your kind reference, I have attached the generated HTML as well. This thread has been linked with the issues so that you may be automatically notified once the issues will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Is any of these issues resolved?

Hi,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that issues are still unresolved. I also like to inform that issues are added recently in our issue tracking system. I have also requested our product team to share further feedback regarding these issues. I request for your patience until further feedback is shared by our product team.

We have observed one more issue regarding tables. If we have tables without border in power point slide, in HTML it is showing borders and that to of poor quality.

Hi,

I have observed the information shared by you and request you to please share the source presentation, exported HTML and issue in rendered table. We will investigate the issue further on our end to help you out.

Many Thanks,

We found that issue related to table with no border is fixed in latest version.

But we found two more issues
1) In slide if we have footnote with multiple lines, its alignment is not proper. See slide no 1
2) If slide has a photo/picture in it, sometimes grey line appears to the right and top of the picture. See slide no 2

Hi,

I have worked with presentation file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.5 and have been able to observe the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-39008 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with issue so that you may be automatically notified once issue will be fixed.

Found two more issues with ppt to HTML5 conversion

1) If there is a text which is striked out in ppt, it is not shown with strike out in HTML
2) Spacing between bullets and text is not same as in slide when it is inside the table

see attached PPT and html for reference

Also we can still see table border issue

See slide no 2 and 3 from attached ppt. header row does not have any border but in html it is showing white border.

Hi,

I have worked with presentations files shared by you using Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.5 and have been able to observe the issue the text strike out and bullet spacing issue but i am unable to observe the border issue. For text and bullet issue a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-39018 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with issue so that you may be automatically notified once issue will be fixed. Also for border issue, i have shared my generated result with you for your kind reference. Please see attachment. Can you please share screenshot of the issue so that i can further investigate to help you out.

For border issue, please check the HTML for third slide (with orange background color) from the file you have attached. Between Header cells you can see thin white vertical line which does not exists in actual slide.

Hi,

I have worked with presentation file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.5 and have been able to observe the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-39020 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with issue so that you may be automatically notified once issue will be fixed.

For SLIDESNET-38602 - Superscript issue - This issue is seen only on chrome and edge browsers. We have observed that this issue is happening due to textlength being smaller for the tspan for that superscript text. If we increase textlength, issue gets resolved.

This is the HTML for superscript text
st

If I change textLength to <span style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Consolas, “Lucida Console”, “Courier New”, monospace; font-size: 12px; white-space: pre-wrap;”>20.374335 it resolves the issue.

Can you please add this to your next build?

For SLIDESNET-38602 - Superscript issue - This issue is seen only on chrome and edge browsers. We have observed that this issue is happening due to textlength being smaller for the tspan for that superscript text. If we increase textlength, issue gets resolved.

This is the HTML for superscript text
st

If I change textLength to <span style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Consolas, “Lucida Console”, “Courier New”, monospace; font-size: 12px; white-space: pre-wrap;”>20.374335 it resolves the issue.

Can you please add this to your next build?

Hi,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that your information has been shared with our product team.
We will get back to you with good news soon.

Best Regards,

We updated Aspose.slides version to latest version 17.8 and after that found that there is regression issue for text rendering in HTML5. Please find attached herewith slide used for HTML5 conversion and screenshot on iPhone6.html5regression.zip (230.0 KB)

@bhamini.lele,

I have worked with source file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.8 and unable to observe the issue. I have also shared my generated result with you for your kind reference. Please see attachment. Can you please share sample project to reproduce issue and also please share environment details so that we may further investigate to help you out.Converted.zip (1.5 KB)

I am not able to download the converted zip file. Also note that issue is only with iPhone 6

@bhamini.lele,

There is no issue in downloading the attachment on our end. Can you please try some other browser in your phone or use some other machine.