Ppt table is read as PictureFrame

I have a ppt file containing 1 slide and 1 table shape. I obtained this ppt by manually copying & pasting a range with background textures from an Excel file using Office. If I open the ppt file with PowerPoint I can see the shape is a table and I can type in the cells, add new rows and columns, etc. When I load it with Presentation class, the shape is not a Table, but a PictureFrame. Any ideas on how to grab the Table? Please check the attachment!

Thank you!

Hi Adrian,

I have investigated the presentation file shared by you. Actually, our development team has investigated the issue shared in past. We checked similar presentation in past it was observed that PP2007 saved a table as picture (saving original table within shape properties using XML format). This is not some kind of bug, PP2003 reads this table as picture too. Aspose.Slides (old API) will never support this, may be Aspose.Slides.Pptx will support reading such “roundtrip” information later, but not in the near future. Please visit this thread link for your further kind reference as well.

Many Thanks,