PPT with Japanese characters fails

When converting a PPT to PDF using Aspose.Slides, the Japanese characters in this deck turn into square boxes in the pdf.

I was previously told this issue existed because the file is using TTC. I believe the attached deck is using TTF (Arial). I have included sample code that exhibits this issue with Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.1.1.0.

Dear Seely,

We are extremely sorry for your inconvenience,

I have been able to verify the problem as specified by you. Your request has been associated with an already created issue Id 11584 in our issue tracking system for further reinvestigation. This thread has also been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once your issue is resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Dear Seely,

Our development team has worked on the issue specified by you. The SimSun has been used in your presentation file and it also belongs to TTC font family. That is why you are experiencing problem in exported PDF file. Please try using some font from TTF font family.

Thanks and Regards,

When I select the font in Powerpoint, I picked “Arial” for the Japanese text. I don’t see the text as SimSun. If this is happening automatically in Powerpoint, I’d expect Aspose.Slides to handle this since a TTC is just a TrueType font collection.

Given that Aspose.Slides does not handle TTC today, how would I go about using Powerpoint to add the following text as straight up ‘Arial’ TTF?

年 月

Or-- is there a way to change the font to be ArialUni.ttf when processing the document?

Dear Seely,

I have been in close contact with our development team on your issue. I have uploaded the intermediate version of Aspose.Slides for .NET for you. Please also make sure that TTC fonts are installed on your computer. Hopefully, it will work for you this time onwards.

We apologize for your inconvenience,

That works! Thanks for the quick turnaround.

one final question-- when will this fix be out/supported by Aspose? I need to this to figure out when I can deploy the fix to production. Thanks again!

Dear Seely,

The feature will be supported in the next release of Aspose.Slides for .NET, which will be released in the summer by end of June.

Thanks and Regards,

We have a client that really wants this fix. Were there other changes in 4.1.1.1 besides this? Just trying to see if we can make the client happy with low-ish risk. If there are other fixes included in this intermediate build, is it possible to get a hotfix that only has this one patch applied?

Dear Seely,

Yes, there are two other fixes associated with the the version that we have provided you. Unfortunately, it is not possible to remove them.

We are sorry for the inconvenience,

I need to escalate this issue. SAVO (our company) is currently working through a priority support agreement with Aspose.

That will happen. Regardless of that, I need a fix and delivery date on this issue.

Please advise on how we will move forward.

Casey Ryan
SVP of Development at SAVO
casey.ryan@savogroup.com

Dear Casey,

Thank you for the patience. We are going to publish next major 4.2.0 release of Aspose.Slides for .NET on this weekend. Support for TTC font collection will be also included there.

Can I please get an update on this? What is the status of the next release of Aspose.Slides

Casey Ryan
Priority Support Customer
VP of Dev at SAVO

Dear Casey Ryan,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

You will be pleased to know that the new release of Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.2.0 has been release and fix for Japanese character issues has been incorporated in this new version. Please proceed to this download section link for downloading the latest version of Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.2.0.

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks for the response.

We will download and test.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11584) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)