PPTX & SVG: Bottom Borders of Merged Table Cells Are Missing

Hi Team,

I’m raising this incident as there seems to be a Error on your side, regarding the method:
void Save(Stream stream, SaveFormat format), from your library public interface IPresentation

I’ve already created an incident for WriteAsSvg, here:
(PPTX to SVG: Bottom Borders of Merged Table Cells Are Missed)

I’m adding a zip file in which I’ve divided it into two sections, one with error and one without.
The issue occurs for cells which have been merged.
I’m adding the Json file so you can compare along with SVG, and PPT file in which you can see the error occurring on our side.

The issue I’m raising is about that the PPT file is missing bottom borders for our merged cells when having a neighbor value (can be seen in zip I’m attaching).

AsposePPT&SVG.7z (1.2 MB)

The programming language we are using is .Net Core version 5.0
The Aspose.Slide version is Version=21.11.0.0

Best Regards
Nickolas Redos

@Nickolas.Redos,
Thank you for contacting support.

I’ve converted the presentation from your ZIP archive to SVG and faced a similar problem with the WriteAsSvg method (bottom borders are appearing). Could you please clarify why you assume an error in the Save method? It would be great if you could share a code example.

@Andrey_Potapov
Thank you for you’re reply.

There’s an issue with the
void Save(Stream stream, SaveFormat format), from your library "public interface IPresentation"
after we save the file (.ppt) we upload it into our Azure blob.
The file without any modifications is saved incorrectly into our blob.

The same issue occurs which is in the SVG file, when we merge three cells, then add a bottom border to the merged cell, and add any text to all the adjacent cells the PPT file is saved incorrectly.

I’ve added in the zip file the issue regarding the generated file missing bottom borders.

Best Regards,
Nickolas Redos

@Nickolas.Redos,
As I mentioned above, I was able to reproduce the problem with appearing bottom borders in SVG file. But you are describing the problem with missing bottom borders.

If I understand correctly, there is an original PPT file that has been converted to PPTX (in the ZIP archive). Could you please share the original PPT file?

@Andrey_Potapov

I’m reporting the issue regarding the creation of the PPTX file with missing bottom borders.
Is there any other information you need in order to proceed with this issue?

“If I understand correctly, there is an original PPT file that has been converted to PPTX (in the ZIP archive). Could you please share the original PPT file?”

Incorrect, we save the file to PPTX from our model (spreadsheet) directly we do not convert PPT to PPTX, after that process file generated (PPTX) doesn’t have bottom borders.
In my findings it seems that the method void Save(Stream stream, SaveFormat format), also has the same issue with bottom borders.

I’ve included all the information necessary in the zip file.

Best Regards,
Nickolas Redos

@Nickolas.Redos,
Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the problem with the merged cells and bottom borders you described. We need a code example that reproduces the wrong behavior. You should try to isolate the problem.

@Andrey_Potapov

Thank you for your time and patience!!
Happy New Year! :slight_smile:

Please close this ticket.

Best Regards,
Nickolas Redos

@Nickolas.Redos,
Thank you very much. Happy New Year to you, too.