Problem syncing dropbox to sharepoint doc library

I am running an evaluation copy of Aspose.email with the idea of syncing dropbox to sharepoint however when I do this I get an error "Failed. Reason:The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized."

I have gone through the documentation and can't see if I made a mistake anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jody

Hi Jody,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Email.

We would recommend you to please have a look at our video tutorial Synchronizing with Dropbox. It shows all the steps for Synchronizing Files in SharePoint Document Library with Dropbox and will help you in finding any missing step. We would also recommend you to visit the Synchronizing Files with Dropbox page in this regard.

In addition, Aspose also facilitates its users for complete evaluation of its products by obtaining a 30-day free license. You can visit the Get a temporary licence page for this purpose in case you want to try out Aspose.Email without any limitations/restrictions imposed by the evaluation version.

So I have followed the video and configured dropbox and sharepoint accordingly. I have also installed the evaluation license and I am getting the same error that it fails due to an authentication error.

I have tried just sending a file directly to drop box via the aspose SEND TO DROPBOX - it asks for my drop box credentials - I hit send and I get an error

"Unable to send items Reason: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. Please contanct Aspose support."

Jody

Hi Jody,

We are sorry for your trouble.

Please note that your said error message only appears if you’re providing incorrect Dropbox credentials. Please confirm that the username and password that you are providing are valid. Also please try by creating a new document library and set the sync for it. Hope this helps.

In case your problem persists, please share 5 recent log files from the “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS” folder. We will look into them in detail and will suggest you accordingly.

Regards,

So I have gone through the configuration several times. I have triple checked my credentials on dropbox (logged in and out to confirm I am using the right credentials) I have checked the settings in SharePoint to make sure it was configured properly. I have even created a new APP in dropbox with new keys and entered those into sharepoint only to receive the same error over and over again.

I have put 5 recent log files into a rar and attached it to this post.

First of all, please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

Could you please share more details regarding your system specifications so I may simulate the exact environment as of yours to correctly evaluate the problem cause? Please provide details like,
  • OS version
  • OS Architecture (32bit/64bit)
  • OS Service Packs
  • SharePoint Server version
  • Aspose.Email for SharePoint version
  • Any other specific details

Looking forward to your kind reply.

OS Version = Windows 2008 R2

64Bit

Service Pack 1

SharePoint Version = Foundation 2010 (14.0.6029.1000)

The latest version downloaded from your website last week

Not sure what other details might be relevant to this.

We are looking to purchase a copy of this software but only if we can get it working of course.

Jody

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience you have faced. I have forwarded these details along with the problem description to our development team to provide further assistance in this regard. We will be soon back to you on this with further assistance. Your patience in this regard is highly appreciated.

The issue has been logged as: NETWRKSHP-33142.

Is there any update on this? I am anxious to get this working.

Jody

Hi Jody,

We are sorry for the trouble you are facing.

I have just discussed this issue with our development team. There can be a number of reasons for this which may include changes in Dropbox’s REST protocol as well. Anyways, development team is analyzing this issue and we will be able to share our findings with you soon. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you are facing.

Hello,

I am very eager to get this application working on our system. We believe this app will really help us integrate our systems together. I would very much like to get an update or suggestion as to what I can try to get this application working.

Jody

Hi Jody,

Thanks for your patience.

I can understand your concerns and I have just discussed this issue with our development team again. Our development team is currently investigating this issue and we plan to provide a fix for this issue in the upcoming release which is due by the end of this month.

We, therefore, request you to please be patient for the upcoming release. I have already linked this thread to the issue ID NETWRKSHP-33142. As soon as the release is published, you will get automatic notification here on this thread.

Once again, we are sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.

People here are really anxious to try your product. Is there anyway we can expedite this?

Thanks

Jody

Hi Jody,

Please accept our apology for the inconvenience you are facing.

We have a planned release of Aspose.Email for Sharepoint late this week, and we would request you to please be patient till then. We haven’t forgotten you and development team is currently working on different issues related to synching with Dropbox. We are hopeful for the resolution of these issues in the upcoming Release and will assist you further once its done.

Once again, we are extremely sorry for the delay incurred in getting you the resolution of this fix.

Is there any update on this?

Thanks

Hi Jody.

Thank you for being patient so much for the release of Aspose.Email for Sharepoint.

We are currently in the process of QA testing of the new Release and will update you once it is ready. We are sorry for the inconvenience you are facing and are thankful to you for your patience in this regard.

How long do your think the QA testing will take? I am being asked for a rough time of this release

Hi Jody,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay incurred in the product release.

I would like to share with you that we have made changes the way Aspose.Email for Sharepoint interacts with Dropbox. This has solved the problem of “Unauthorization” that arose in the earlier version i.e. Aspose.Email for Sharepoint 1.3, while Sending a File to Dropbox. I am now able to send a file to dropbox using the new version (which is still under QA testing phase). However, the issue of synching with Dropbox has yet to qualify some QA tests other than logging to Dropbox.

I have requested the development team to provide an ETA in this respect, and will share it with you as soon as I get an update for this. I request you to please spare us some more time so that we can provide you with the new version with 100% correct functionality. Once again, we are sorry for the inconvenience you are facing and appreciate your patience for this.

No problem I understand you want to test the product before releasing it. I am asking because I am being asked for an ETA.

Thanks

Hi Jody,

We appreciate your understanding in this regard.

It may take us a week or a little more to complete the QA tests and resolve the problematic areas. I have forwarded your concerns to our development team in this regard and will update you here as soon as the QA tests are completed. We are thankful to you for your patience.