Problem while importing Latex Equations :

Hi ,
Im converting a doc tat contains some latex equations (attached with this post )to HTML through aspose .Im getting extra symbols like box in between every latex equation.How can i remove tat ? do help me .

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. I can’t reproduce the problem on my side. I use the latest version of Aspose.Words (6.6.0) for testing. You can download it from here: https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Please attach also your HTML here for testing?
Best regards,

Hi ,
Thanks for ur reply .Im using Java .Anyway i attached my HTML with this post .wat im using is Aspose 3 .Here is my java code .

Document doc = new Document("Latex1.doc ");
doc.save("/home/anbu/latex.html", SaveFormat.HTML);

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I also tried converting your document to HTML using Aspose.Words for Java, and still no problems on my side. I use the latest version of testing (3.1.1.1).
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net

As I can see, you use 3.1.0.0 version of Aspose.Words in your application, so please try upgrading to the latest version.

Best regards,

Hi !
Thanks for ur prompt response .Its working great in aspose 3.1.1 . Actually is it a fix in 3.1.1 ?? Bec previously i were worked in Aspose 3.1.0 and i couldn get this result .

How can i get the lateset upgrade information from Aspose ? So tat i can upgrade it to latest version whenever Aspose release new version

Regards,
Anbu.S

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. You can enable e-mail subscription here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
And you will receive e-mail notification when new releases are published.

Best regards,

Thanks Andrey ,
Can you answer for the question that i asked earlier ?? " Is it a fix in 3.1.1.1 ? " I have gone through release notes of Aspose 3.1.1 and 3.1.1.1,but i could not find this fix .

Hi

There were no reports regarding such problems earlier. Maybe the problem was resolved by some recent changes in the latest version.
Best regards,

Hi ,
Aspose 3.1.1.1 worked for me . Thanks .But this problem still occurs in few of my Linux machines .Is there any third-party dependency ? Should i install any package for this to work ?

Thanks in advance

Hi
It is perfect, that you 3.1.1 works for you. (currently there is also 3.2.0 version, so you can download and try it).
No, there are no third-party dependencies in Aspose.Words. Maybe there are some problems with caching, maybe in some of your environments the older version is still used.
Best regards.

Hi,

I did few analysis over this and come up with some points.

I am doing the DOC->HTML conversion in linux machine by using aspose(we are using aspose java api’s. Since java is platform independent one).In that machine, there is no symbol.ttf font installed.This is a root cause for this problem.After i installed the font the equation comes(PNG) properly in the converted html.

What is the third party you are using for the WMF->PNG conversion. It seems, the third party which is expecting symbol.ttf while doing this conversion.The symbol.ttf fonts is from microsoft.By default which is not be there in any of the linux flavour.

Why do not you tell us, the dependencies which aspose needs including the third party’s dependencies even the fonts too. After spending plenty of time then only we can found this.

Anyway the below forum post is helped me a lot.
https://forum.aspose.com/t/110552

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. MS Word uses symbol font in metafiles, which are used to display your equations. So it is not dependency of Aspose.Words it is dependency of your metafiles.
For WMF to PNG conversion we do not use third party components. We use our own converter.
Best regards.

Hi ,
I agree with you .But on above link you have mentioned that Aspose using some third party to convert wmf to png .

Between, I came to this link http://www.dessci.com/en/support/mathtype/tsn/TSN50.htm

they
says about the font embedded with the document. I embedded the font in
the same document and tried. But still the problem is not solved with
out installed the symbol.ttf.

I am
not sure about the microsoft word document format and where they keep
the fonts with it. Also why the WMF->PNG not getting the fonts from
the document itself. May be the fonts not available in the WMF file i
guess.

Aspose.Words does not support embedded fonts upon rendering metafiles. I linked your request to the appropriate issue, you will be notified as soon as this feature is supported.

Best regards.

Hi ,
I am trying to convert doc to html containing latex equation image .But am getting broken image.
Please do help me to solve this problem

Regards,
Anbu.S

Hi

Thanks for your request. As I can see the image is not broken. Just quality of an image is poor. You can try setting resolution of an image to improve its quality. See the following code:

Document doc = new Document(@"Test001\pro1.doc");
doc.SaveOptions.HtmlExportImageResolution = 200;
doc.Save(@"Test001\out.html");

Hope this helps.
Best regards.

Hi ,

I am unable to solve this problem even after trying the same
thing in Aspose.words.java latest build, but i am getting the
same broken image.

Can you update me with the version of Aspose.words.java
that you are using to fix this problem.

Regards,
Anbu Chezhian.S

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce this problem with Java version of Aspose.Words. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards.

A fix for the issue(s) you’ve reported (filed as 7626) will be released in the next release at the end of this month. You will be notified.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(7)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2103) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.