Quadrant scatter chart is not generated

I am trying to generate a pdf from excel template. But the quadrant scatter chart in the pdf isn’t generated from the template.

Code used:
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(io);
workbook.calculateFormula();
workbook.save(“myresult.pdf”);

Steps :-

1. First of all excel with name excelGenerated.xlsx is generated using template with name TemplateUsed.xlsx.
  2. Then pdf with name pdfGenerated.pdf is generated with the excel with name excelGenerated.xlsx.

requiredFiles.zip (143.2 KB)

I have attached all the above files in zip format.

@niteshregmi1234,

Thanks for the template file and output PDF.

The underlying chart in your sample file is 3D-Bubble. I am afraid, rendering 3d-Bubble chart to image/PDF file format is not supported at the moment. See the document for supported/unsupported chart types for rendering:
Supported Chart Types for Rendering

We have already logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-40410” for it. Once we figure it out, we will let you know here.

Thanks @Amjad_Sahi,

Yes that’s the 3d bubble chart and thanks for the document link. Can you please tell us how much time does it take to implement that feature from your end.

Thanks,

@niteshregmi1234,
I am afraid that no ETA can be provided yet due to the complexity of the issue. We will write back here once any update is available in this regard.

Thanks, @ahsaniqbalsidiqu

Let us know if you finish implementing this feature from your side. We will follow your update here.

@niteshregmi1234,
Sure we will inform immediately when work will be done.

Hello @Amjad_Sahi @ahsaniqbalsidiqui

Instead of 3D-Bubble chart we have used 2D-Bubble chart in generating pdf from excel. Still the chart is not generated. Can you please look from your end. The code used and steps are same as mentioned above and i have attached the new resource file below.

resourceUsed.zip (151.1 KB)

@niteshregmi1234,

Thanks for the new template file.

I evaluated your scenario/ case a bit and found the issue. Your underlying chart is Scatter (X Y) and not 2d-Bubble chart, which should have been rendered fine. Anyways, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your newly attached template file. I found that Scatter X Y chart is not rendered in Excel to PDF conversion:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("f:\\files\\excelGenerated.xlsx");
workbook.getWorksheets().get("Display").getCharts().get("Chart 3").calculate();
workbook.save("f:\\files\\out1.pdf");

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-42839” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@Amjad_Sahi

Sorry Amjad for sending the scatter chart template instead of 2D bubble chart template.Although It would be great if the issue is resolved for scatter chart.

Looking forward for your response.

Thanks,

@niteshregmi1234,

Yes, we will try to figure out the issue soon.

Once we have any new information, we will share it with you.

@Amjad_Sahi

Similar issue has also been encountered in 2d-bubble chart template also. I have attached the sample files in zip. Code and steps to replicate the issue are same as mentioned above.

Please let me know the status of the above issue and how much time it takes. Please fix any one of the option ASAP.

Thanks,

resourceUsed.zip (147.3 KB)

@niteshregmi1234,

Thanks for the template file and details.

I evaluated your new scenario/ case a bit and found the issue. After an initial test, I am also able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your newly attached template file. I found that Bubble chart is not rendered in Excel to PDF conversion:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("f:\\files\\excelGenerated.xlsx");
workbook.getWorksheets().get("Display").getCharts().get("Chart 3").calculate();
workbook.save("f:\\files\\out1.pdf");

I have logged a separate ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-42842” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Both issues (i.e, CELLSJAVA-42839 and CELLSJAVA-42842) are still pending for analysis which will be done soon.

Once we have an update on any of the issues, we will let you know here.

Hi,

Can we have an update on this? All three options are not working for us. Scatter and 2d buddle are in the supported list but are not rendering the charts.

Are we missing anything while implementing these? If, please let us know. It’s so urgent for us to have at least one of the approaches to work.

Best,
Harish

@HThagunna,

I have checked the issues’ status in our internal database. Well, the issue “CELLSJAVA-42839” is in progress while the other issue “CELLSJAVA-42842” is still pending for analysis. I have logged your concerns against both these issues. Once we have an update or ETA on any of the issues, we will update you.

Sure. Thanks.

It would be better if we could receive the resolution to any one of the issue as fast as possible.

Harish,

@HThagunna,

We are pleased to inform you that both issues (i.e, CELLSJAVA-42839 and CELLSJAVA-42842) are fixed now. You should be getting the fix in the next few days (2-5 days) after we have performed QA and incorporated other enhancements and fixes.

Keep in touch.

Great Thanks for the update.

We look forward to the release of this change.

Thanks Again,
Harish

@HThagunna,

You are welcome and have a good day!

@Amjad_Sahi

Wow that’s the great news Amjad. Thanks to you and your team.

@Amjad_Sahi

Hi Amjad,

Could you please tell us when this will get rolled out?

Thanks,
Harish