Repeat Header Rows in tables not working in Aspose.Words.Net 6.2.0

I have set the header row of a table to be repeated in MS Word 2007. And I can see that the header row is repeated on each page in MS Word. But the header row of the table is not repeated on each page then rendered or saved using Aspose.Words.Net 6.2.0, using either your document explorer example or my own program using the component.
An example word document is attached, and also the genereated PDF. I have the same problem with (.doc,.dox and .rtf).
Regards
Jan

Hi

Thanks for your request. This problem is logged in your defect database as issue #6839. I will notify you as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards.

Adding heading format using program code will not work either, then printing or saving as PDF.
foreach (Table table in tableNodes){table.FirstRow.RowFormat.HeadingFormat = true;}
Do you have any suggestion for workaround to this problem or an estimation then you have a fix ready, since it is very important to have header rows on each page then printing lists?

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved.
The only workaround I can see is splitting table into separate tables (one table per page) and inserting header row at the beginning of each table on each page. Unfortunately, there is no way to do that programmatically, you can do that only manually in MS Word.
Best regards.

I am also having the same problem. Set the table row in word to repeat. Looks fine in Word itself.
Load it in aspose as pdf and the header row does not repeat the header row when using the new way of saving as pdf:
resultDoc.Save(“RunReport.pdf”, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf, Aspose.Words.SaveType.OpenInBrowser, Response);
However, I have noticed that the table header will repeat if I use the Legacy way of converting DOC to PDF:

public static void SendToBrowserAsPdf(Document doc, System.Web.HttpResponse response)
{
    // Save the document in Aspose.Pdf.Xml format into a memory stream.
    MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream();
    doc.Save(stream, SaveFormat.AsposePdf/*.FormatAsposePdf*/);
    // Seek to the beginning so it can be read by XmlDocument.
    stream.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin);
    // Load the document into an XmlDocument
    XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument();
    xmlDoc.Load(stream);
    // Load the XML document into Aspose.Pdf
    Aspose.Pdf.Pdf pdf = new Aspose.Pdf.Pdf();
    // Make sure the images that were saved by Aspose.Words into Windows temporary
    // folder are automatically deleted by Aspose.Pdf when they are no longer needed.
    pdf.IsImagesInXmlDeleteNeeded = true;
    pdf.BindXML(xmlDoc, null);
    // *** Aspose.Pdf font cache, see comments below.
    // pdf.IsTruetypeFontMapCached = false;
    // If you convert to PDF multiple files in your application, 
    // uncomment the following lines to improve the speed of conversion.
    pdf.IsTruetypeFontMapCached = true;
    pdf.TruetypeFontMapPath = System.IO.Path.GetTempPath();//
                                                            // Now produce the PDF file.
    pdf.Save("Report.pdf", Aspose.Pdf.SaveType.OpenInBrowser, response);
}

Any estimated time for the fix to be available? Thanks.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, this feature is supported in legacy PDF conversion method (Using Aspose.Pdf). Unfortunately, I cannot provide you any reliable estimate when this feature will be supported in direct method of PDF conversion. You will be notified here in this thread as soon as the issue is resolved.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 6839) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(22)