Save to pdf size

Hi,

I have attempted to use the save to pdf feature with Aspose.Slides 5.7 / .NET 4 version, but the resulting pdf is much larger than the powerpoint file. One example of this I already posted in <a href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/83793, where the pdf is almost double the size (319KB) of the powerpoint file (166 Kb).

When I tried doing this with a 1.4Mb powerpoint file, the result was a whopping 16.6MB. I also tried using the PdfOptions but this had zero effect on the file size. When saving the same powerpoint as pdf with Powerpoint it is only around 1.4Mb in size.

Also, it seems to take quite long for the pdf to be generated, in this case it took close to a minute.

Is there any way to get the file size down and speed it up, or is there a fix in the works for this issue?

Regards,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I would suggest that you may please visit this thread link for your kind knowledge and if you feel any issue then kindly share the source presentation that you have referred to be of 1.4 MB and resulting to 16.6 MB and we will investigate that on our end.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

That other thread seems to be describing the same problem, but it looks like it’s still unresolved after 8 months?

Regards,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Please share the source presentation with us so that we may investigate that on our end further.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Here’s the presentation if it’s saved as powerpoint.

Regards,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have been able to observe the great size difference in PPTX and generated PDF. An issue with ID 32873 has been created in our issues tracking system as investigation to further investigate the issue.We will share the further information with you as soon as the feedback is shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,