Seeking Advice on Best Practices for Document Conversion with Aspose

Hey everyone!

I have been using Aspose for a little while now, mainly for document conversions (PDF to Word, Word to Excel, etc.), but I feel like I’m not fully optimizing the tool. I’m sure some of you have some solid workflows and tips that you could share.

Can I configure mulesoft with it to connecting applications, data and devices for a better monitoring. When I was Googling for the same I came across these resources/articles Best approach for using Aspose.Words for document conversion on LAMP system What is Mulesoft however they are good but I want to learn more from community members.

Do you have any advice on the best practices to make the most out of Aspose’s document conversion features? I’m especially curious about any tricks for keeping formatting intact and speeding up the process when working with larger files.

Looking forward to your suggestions and thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face:

Best Regards

Hanna

@hannahmiller,

You may use Aspose.Words API which can quickly and accurately convert various document formats (PDF to Word, Word to Excel, etc.). We suggest trying our latest version, which has been enhanced and improved to provide a more robust and reliable experience. I am also moving your thread to the Aspose.Words forum where one of our Aspose.Words colleagues will be able to assist you more effectively.

@hannahmiller

Conversion documents from one format to another is as simple as open and save the document:

Document doc = new Document(@"C:\Temp\in.docx");
doc.Save(@"C:\Temp\out.pdf");

You should note that when you convert MS Word document to fixed page formats, such as PDF, Image, XPS etc., it is required to build document layout. To build an accurate document layout the fonts are required. If Aspose.Words cannot find the fonts used in the document the fonts are substituted. This might lead into the layout differences due to differences in fonts metrics. You can implement IWarningCallback to get a notification when font substitution is performed.
The following article might be useful for you:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/specifying-truetype-fonts-location/

Regarding processing large files. Actually it is not recommended to use large MS Word documents. The normal size of MS Word document is about 100 pages. But if you are working with huge MS Word documents you should note Aspose.Words memory requirements:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/memory-requirements/

Regarding rendering large documents (conversion to fixed page formats, such as PDF, Image, XPS etc.), you should note that building document layout is not a linear process and time required to render large document will grow not linearly.