Setting Page Header and Footer on chart sheet shows nullnullnull instead of values

The printed header and footer of a chart sheet where I set PageSetup settings to include them show the text nullnullnull.

I added the name of the worksheet to the CHART sheets Page Setup settings using:

linechart.getPageSetup().setHeader(1, "&A");
linechart.getPageSetup().setFooter(1, "&P");

When I have the created workbook open and print the entire workbook the heading and footer just contain nullnullnull centered in the header and the footer.

If I make this setting on the data sheet it works for the data sheet.

Also, if I save this as PDF instead of XLS then the chart doesn't show any header or footer. The data sheet pages do.

I have attached sample program, an xls I generated using the code that shows the problem, and an image of what the print preview shows it is going to print.

Thanks, Steve

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Please provide us your simple runnable code to replicate this issue. Please remove all extra code.

We will look into your requirements and help you asap.

The ChartDemoServlet.java file contained in the attached zip file is a modified version of the file included as an example in your release. I assumed you would be familiar with this example and would be able to use it. I will attempt to create a more concise example.

Here is a standalone java file that will just quickly generate an xlsx file with the problem where the header and footer contain the text nullnullnull for the chart sheet.

Steve

Hi,

Thanks for your program and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We have logged your issue in our database. We will look into your issue and help you asap.

Once, there is some fix or update for you, we will share it with you.

This issue has been logged as CELLSJAVA-40442.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Please download: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.4.0.4

Please try this fix. And because of the fact that for chart sheet the
pagesetup is not of the sheet but of the chart, please use Chart.getPageSetup()
instead of Worksheet.getPageSetup() in your code to make the settings take
effect.

Thanks Shakeel. That worked great. Steve

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are pleased to know, your issue is now resolved. If you face any other issue, please feel free to post, we will be glad to help you more.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40442) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.