Shape to image Error! converting XLSX to PDF

With Aspose.Cells 7.2.1 I am getting an “Aspose.Cells.CellsException: Shape to image Error!” when calling the following code with the attached file:

var workbook = new Workbook(sourceFilePath);
workbook.Save(destinationFilePath, Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Pdf);

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

I was able to replicate this bug using the following code with the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.0.2

Please see the sample code below. I have attached the screenshot for your reference.

We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and fix the bug. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40893.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\TransferForm.xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.CalculateFormula();

PdfSaveOptions opts = new PdfSaveOptions();

opts.OnePagePerSheet = true;

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.pdf”, opts);

Screenshot:

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.0.3

That fixed it, thanks. Is the copy of Aspose.Cells 7.3.0.3 you attached ready for release or should we wait for the next official release of Aspose.Cells?

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

You can use this release for your production use. It is called minor release.

Major release is normally published once in a month.

Both minor and major releases are equally same except major release is published with release notes and both are meant for production use.

Please see the sample release notes for Major release at the following link. I have also posted a screenshot for your reference.

Release Notes - Aspose.Cells for .NET

Screenshot:

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40893) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

I got the same issue, trying to save a certain excel with shapes and word art into tif(or pdf or anything else) you can try the file yourself.

i tried with latest and greatest Aspose.Cells.dll (7.5.1.0)

problem.xls

erexa:
I got the same issue, trying to save a certain excel with shapes and word art into tif(or pdf or anything else) you can try the file yourself.

i tried with latest and greatest Aspose.Cells.dll (7.5.1.0)

problem.xls
Hi,

We were able to replicate this issue using the latest version with your source file and the following code. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and resolve this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41867.

C#
string filePath = @"F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\problem.xls";

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);
workbook.Save(filePath + ".out.pdf");

thanks or timely response. I am outputing files as tiffs not pdfs, so please make sue TIF options is functional as well.

erexa:
thanks or timely response. I am outputing files as tiffs not pdfs, so please make sue TIF options is functional as well.
Hi,

We have checked your issue and converted your file into TIFF image and same exception does occur. We have also logged your comments in our database. We will look into it and fix this issue too. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

We have fixed the issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.1.3 and let us know your feedback.

Thanks for timely response.

I tried your fix, it does not fail, but now it spoils the output image.

Please try this file

problem.xls

Hi,

We were able to observe this issue by converting your xls file into tif image. The output image is not correct. Please see the following code. We have attached the output tiff image for your reference.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41884.

C#

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(path);

Worksheet worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

Aspose.Cells.Rendering.ImageOrPrintOptions options = new Aspose.Cells.Rendering.ImageOrPrintOptions();

options.OnePagePerSheet = true;

options.ImageFormat = ImageFormat.Tiff;

SheetRender sr = new SheetRender(worksheet, options);

Bitmap bitmap = sr.ToImage(0);

bitmap.Save(path + “.out.tif”, ImageFormat.Tiff);

I tried your code and still the output image is messed up. Will wait for resolution.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We have already logged your issue in our database. Please spare us some time. We will look into it and fix this issue and update you asap.

Any news on the issue?

I am sorry if I am bugging you, our clients are asking for update and follow up on the issue and so do I.

thanks
Vahram

Hi,

We are afraid, there is no update for you at this moment. However, we have logged your comments in our database. Once, we will have some fix or update for you, we will let you know asap.

Still no news for this WordArt issue?

Hi,

We have checked your issue status from our database and found that your issue is resolved. We will provide you a fix in upcoming release. Once, the fix is available, we will let you know asap.

mshakeel.faiz:
Hi,

We have checked your issue status from our database and found that your issue is resolved. We will provide you a fix in upcoming release. Once, the fix is available, we will let you know asap.

I tried 7.5.20 nd it does not solve my issue :(