SharePoint 2016 Running SQL 2016 SSRS Integrated Mode

Hello -

We tried to install Aspose 5.5.0 on our SharePoint Reporting Farm, but it did not find SharePoint (see attached log file), so it is not working.

I cannot find any installation instructions for SharePoint 2016 running SQL 2016 SSRS Integrated Mode from vendor. Please see the attached. Thank you.

Hi,

I have observed your comments. Please visit this documentation link for more help.

Please share feedback with us if there is still an issue.

Best Regards,

We have reviewed the information available via the link you had provided. We cannot find any instructions specific to SharePoint 2016.

Please help with SharePoint 2016 specific installation instructions since it is quite different from both SP2010 and SP2013.

Hi,

I have observed your comments and have also discussed the requirement of installing Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services in SharePoint 2016 running SQL Server 2016 in integration mode. An issue with ID SLIDESRS-33522 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate the afore mentioned requirement. This thread has been linked with the issue so that we may share the feedback with you as soon as the issue will be fixed. We will really appreciate your cooperation in terms of waiting till the time further information is shared by our product team.

Many Thanks,

Thank you for the update. That said I am not sure I understand. Are you saying the documentation doesn’t exist and it needs to be created? Or are you saying that your product doesn’t support SharePoint 2016 running SQL Server 2016 in integration mode?

Hi,

Actually, the support of SQL Server 2016 has been introduced since Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 5.5.0 product release. We need need to investigate the process of installation of newer Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services product versions in SharePoint 2016 with SQL Server 2016 in integration mode. This may involve addition of new documentation article including steps to install Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services in SharePoint 2016 with SQL Server 2016 in integration mode or modification of existing documentation article. We will share the updates with you once the support will be available and will really appreciate your patience.

Many Thanks,

Thank you for the update. I understand now. That said the next logical question of course is when. Can you provide a general or high level timeline. We are in the middle of a migration from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2016 and will need some understanding when we will be able to install your product. Thank you.

Hi,

Actually, the issue has just been created and our product team is going to look into this as soon as possible on due turn of issue. At present, I am unable to share any generalized timeline. Please give us sometime so that our product team may schedule and investigate the issue.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESRS-33522) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Thank you very much for the update. It is appreciated. That said are there installation instructions that you can please reference for me?

Hi,

Attached please fill the help file. We have added support for this in Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 17.3.0. We will also add the article for this in documentation. For now, please refer to attached word file for guidance.

Many Thanks,

Thank you for the quick response and the instructions. We try another installation and get back to you ASAP.

We are still having issues with the installation. Please see that attached for detail. Also, is it possible to schedule a live call/meeting to review?

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the feedback document with us. I have observed the file shared by you and have also discussed the same with our product team. You are trying manual installation on your end where as in the documentation that I shared with you, automatic installation approach has been used. Actually, installation depends on many factors so before installation the you must remove all previously installed components of Aspose.Slides. The best way to do it is using installation program and then try installing the latest one using installer. In the meanwhile, we are also studying the document shared by you for manual installation of the same as well.

Many Thanks,

Thank you for the prompt follow up. It is appreciated. That said I am not sure as to next steps. Do we try the automatic installation approach and remove all previously installed components of Aspose.Slides or do we wait for your to complete your review of the information I had shared with you? Also, as already asked, is it possible to set up a call/web meeting?

Hi,

Yes, I request you to please uninstall previous instances of Aspose.Slides and install new one using MSI installer by following the guidelines shared with you in earlier in the form of a word document. Also, at present we are in stage of reviewing the manual installation report shared by you and will also share the feedback concerning to that once it will be shared by our product team. I am afraid, at this point of time we may not have any live web session with you till the time investigation gets completed. Please also restart IIS once installation is completed.

Many Thanks,

Hello. We followed your instructions and have made some progress. I believe we are close. That said we are still running into issues. Please see the file attachment.

Hi,

Its good to hear that things are finally sorted on your end and you now only have issue related to license access now. I request you to please paste the license file along side all instances of Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices dll where ever it is installed. Other option is to please paste the license file on location mentioned in attached word file. Please also restart IIS once you paste the license file in specified locations. I hope this will be helpful.

Many Thanks,

Attached is the output after following what you had suggested. I have to ask have you tested completely? Because the instructions say wherever it is installed. It is too vague, it is not possible for us to go after each directory to check where it gets installed, We still see the watermark for license even after copying the file in locations where the dll is installed. We have copied the file on all the locations it specified in the previous output.

Warning:The subscription included in this license allows free upgrades until 29 Jun 2016, but this version of the product was released on 22 Mar 2017. Please renew the subscription or use a previous version of the product.

License “C:\ProgramData\Aspose\Slides\Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.lic” doesn’t exist or access is restricted.

License “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\16\WebServices\Reporting\bin\Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.lic” doesn’t exist in the executing assembly’s directory.

License “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\16\WebServices\Reporting\bin\Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.lic” doesn’t exist in the calling assembly’s directory.

License “Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.lic” doesn’t exist in calling assembly’s resources. Assembly name: Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices, Version=17.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56

Cannot find license “C:\ProgramData\Aspose\Slides\Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.lic”.

The subscription included in this license allows free upgrades until 29 Jun 2016, but this version of the product was released on 22 Mar 2017. Please renew the subscription or use a previous version of the product.

The subscription included in this license allows free upgrades until 29 Jun 2016, but this version of the product was released on 22 Mar 2017. Please renew the subscription or use a previous version of the product.

License “C:\ProgramData\Aspose\Slides\Aspose.Total.lic” doesn’t exist or access is restricted.

License “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\16\WebServices\Reporting\bin\Aspose.Total.lic” doesn’t exist in the executing assembly’s directory.

License “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\16\WebServices\Reporting\bin\Aspose.Total.lic” doesn’t exist in the calling assembly’s directory.

License “Aspose.Total.lic” doesn’t exist in calling assembly’s resources. Assembly name: Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices, Version=17.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56

Cannot find license “C:\ProgramData\Aspose\Slides\Aspose.Total.lic”.

License “Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.lic” doesn’t exist or access is restricted.

License “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\16\WebServices\Reporting\bin\Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.lic” doesn’t exist in the executing assembly’s directory.

License “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\16\WebServices\Reporting\bin\Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.lic” doesn’t exist in the calling assembly’s directory.

License “Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.lic” doesn’t exist in calling assembly’s resources. Assembly name: Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices, Version=17.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56

Cannot find license “Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.lic”.

License “Aspose.Total.lic” doesn’t exist or access is restricted.

License “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\16\WebServices\Reporting\bin\Aspose.Total.lic” doesn’t exist in the executing assembly’s directory.

License “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\16\WebServices\Reporting\bin\Aspose.Total.lic” doesn’t exist in the calling assembly’s directory.

License “Aspose.Total.lic” doesn’t exist in calling assembly’s resources. Assembly name: Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices, Version=17.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56

Cannot find license “Aspose.Total.lic”.

@brianschott,

We are sorry for inconvenience on your end. I have observed the message information shared by you. In fact the following part of message is important:

This means that you are using license file that has validity till 29 June 2016. Whereas, you are using the version that has been published on 22 March 2017. In this case, my humble suggestion to you would be to either upgrade your subscription or may stick to product versions released prior to 29 June 2016. I hope this will be helpful.