slideEx.getThumbnail() - NullPointerException

PresentationEx pres = new PresentationEx(new FileInputStream(new File("Company Meeting Josh S4B.pptx")));<br>        SlidesEx slides = pres.getSlides();<br>        for (int i = 0; i < slides.size(); i++) {<br>            try {<br>                BufferedImage image = slides.get(i).getThumbnail(0.5f, 0.5f);<br>                File thumbnailFile = new File("thumbnail" + i + ".jpg");<br>                if (thumbnailFile.createNewFile()) {<br>                    OutputStream os = new FileOutputStream(thumbnailFile);<br>                    JPEGImageEncoder encoder = JPEGCodec.createJPEGEncoder(os);<br>                    encoder.encode(image);<br>                    os.close();<br>                }<br>            } catch (NullPointerException ex) {<br>                ex.printStackTrace();<br>            }<br>        }<br><br><b>RESULT:</b><br><br>java.lang.NullPointerException<br>    at com.aspose.slides.pptx.ImageEx.new(SourceFile:103)<br>    at com.aspose.slides.pptx.ImageEx.getImage(SourceFile:96)<br>    at com.aspose.slides.FillParam.do(SourceFile:338)<br>    at com.aspose.slides.FillParam.do(SourceFile:107)<br>    at com.aspose.slides.FillParam.<init>(SourceFile:87)<br>    at com.aspose.slides.pptx.GeometryShapeEx.do(SourceFile:141)<br>    at com.aspose.slides.pptx.GeometryShapeEx.do(SourceFile:81)<br>    at com.aspose.slides.pptx.PictureFrameEx.do(SourceFile:91)<br>    at com.aspose.slides.pptx.GroupShapeEx.do(SourceFile:157)<br>    at com.aspose.slides.pptx.BaseSlideEx.for(SourceFile:181)<br>    at com.aspose.slides.pptx.SlideEx.do(SourceFile:150)<br>    at com.aspose.slides.pptx.SlideEx.getThumbnail(SourceFile:243)<br><br><b>LIBS:</b><br><br>aspose-metafiles-1.6.1-20100110.jar<br>aspose-slides-2.1.0.0-20091222.jar<b><br></b>

Hi Mobius,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

The issue has been found for the attached presentation in the initial investigation and has been logged into our Issue Tracking System as 13696 for detailed investigation. This thread has been linked with this issue, so that you can be updated in this thread as soon as this issue is resolved.

Thanks and Best Regards

Hello msabir.

What status of this bug? I need this issue fixed ASAP.

Thanks!

Hi Mobius,

This issue is in detailed investigation phase now. As soon as there is an update on this issue, you will be informed accordingly in this thread.

Thanks and Best Regards

Hi MSabir,

We’re using Aspose.Slides for Java in our developments and we’re trying to plan our work.
At the moment it is impossible because we can’t fix this issue ourselves.

Could you please give us the dates when you’ll start investigation on this issue and when you plan to release a fix for it.

I guess you understand that we expect Commercial Software to be working in predictable state and if there are any bugs - we’d have a predictability on the fixes.

Vlad

Hi Vlad,

The issue of NullPointerException has been fixed. We are now working on improvement of the rendered images through slideEx.getThumbnail(). An intermediate version with the fix of NullPointerException on slideEx.getThumbnail() will be available by this weekend. However, the improvement of the rendered images requires some time and we are trying to fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks and Best Regards

Hi MSabir!

What status of this fix?

Hi Mobius,

I have forwarded the request to development team about the status of the fix and will update you ASAP, I get the response.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Mobius,

We appreciate your patience. I have uploaded the intermediate version of Aspose.Slides for Java here, in which your specified issue has been resolved. As far as slide rendering issues are concerned, they will be available in next Aspose.Slides for Java release.

Hello!

Still NullPointerException (4-th slide).
And preview is incorrect!

P.S. You need take me as QA :wink:

Hi Mobius,

I have verified your presentation and found that your observations are correct. If you please remember that in my earlier post I have mentioned that, this intermediate version still doesn’t cover the slide rendering issues. The slide rendering issues shall be resolved in next release.

Hello!

Is that issue has been fixed?

Dear Mobius,

As I have shared with you in my earlier posts that NullPointer Exception issue has been resolved in Aspose.Slides for Java 2.2.0 available here. As far as improper rendering of slides is related, it will be resolved in the next release of Aspose.Slide for Java.

We are sorry for your nuisance,

I’m talking about images :slight_smile:

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13696) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.