Support of Web Extensions (Office Apps) in Aspose.Words for .NET

Hello

Is it possible (or will it be possible) to add a Word 2013 App programmatically using Aspose.Words?

Best Regards,
Peter

@peter.peterson

Aspose.Words for .NET is a class library that enables your applications to perform a great range of document processing tasks. Aspose.Words supports DOC, DOCX, RTF, HTML, OpenDocument, PDF, XPS, EPUB and other formats. With Aspose.Words you can generate, modify, convert, render and print documents without utilizing Microsoft Word®. Please check more detail from here:

Could you please share some more detail about your query what exact you want to achieve using Aspose.Words? We will then provide you more information about your query.

Hi Tahir

I have a Word 2013 Task Pane App (Web Extension) that can be added to a Word document via the Insert → My Apps menu in Word 2013. This will add a manifest to the Word document which points to the URL of my Task Pane App.

My question is if it is possible for me to add the Web Extension manifest to a Word document programmatically via Aspose.Words? And if not, will it be possible in the future?

I believe the question is similar to the following, but I would need this functionality for .NET:
How to use Web Extensions using Java

Thanks,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for sharing the detail. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support the requested feature at the moment. However, I have linked this forum thread to appropriate issue (WORDSNET-10593). You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10593) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 19.12 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 19.12 update.

@peter.peterson

The document class provides a Document.WebExtensionTaskPanes property which returns a list of task pane add-ins.

The following code example shows how to create task panes and add to web extension task panes.

Document doc = new Document();

TaskPane taskPane = new TaskPane();
doc.WebExtensionTaskPanes.Add(taskPane);

taskPane.DockState = TaskPaneDockState.Right;
taskPane.IsVisible = true;
taskPane.Width = 300;

taskPane.WebExtension.Reference.Id = "wa102923726";
taskPane.WebExtension.Reference.Version = "1.0.0.0";
taskPane.WebExtension.Reference.StoreType = WebExtensionStoreType.OMEX;
taskPane.WebExtension.Reference.Store = "th-TH";
taskPane.WebExtension.Properties.Add(new WebExtensionProperty("mailchimpCampaign", "mailchimpCampaign"));
taskPane.WebExtension.Bindings.Add(new WebExtensionBinding("UnnamedBinding_0_1506535429545", WebExtensionBindingType.Text, "194740422"));

doc.Save(dataDir + "output.docx", SaveFormat.Docx);

For more detail, please read following article.
Work with Web Extensions