We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Table is not creating page breaks

Aspose.Pdf version 3.3.2.0 (02/04/2007)

I am generating a PDF statement that contains a table of line items. I have an XML template that I am using for the base and then I am using ImportArray() to import the table rows. The problem is that if there are too many rows, the table continues into the margin and off of the viewable page without creating a 2nd page.

I am happy to share all related files via email, but do not feel comfortable posting them on a forum as they contain sensitive information. Also, I will need a solution that uses my current version of Pdf. Upgrading is not an option available to me.

Thank You.

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please share your template files and sample code with us to help us reproduce the issue. As your data is confidential, you may mark this forum thread as private by clicking the "Make Private" button available on the top of every forum post or by checking "Keep this post as private" checkbox at the bottom when replying to any post, this way only Aspose staff and you will be able to see your attachments.

Alternately, you can also send us your samples via email using the steps mentioned in the below link.

http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/faqs/send-license-to-aspose-staff.aspx

As you are using a very old version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET, I am afraid we will not be able to provide the fix (if we find the issue) in that version. As per our company policy, all the updates are done in the latest version and released to the customer.

Please do let us know in case you need any further assistance. Also, I have marked this post private for your convenience.

Thank You & Best Regards,

I have sent the relevant files via email. Please let me know if you need any further information and if a workaround is available.

Thanks,
Erika

Hi Erika,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We have received your files and we will check your issue and get back to you soon with our findings.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi Erika,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I tried to utilize your share code for testing your issue but due to missing classes I am unable to check the issue (like Person, ChargeActive and values regarding Context). Please share a runnable code / application to help us test the issue and reply to you soon.

This is a very small part of a much larger web application with multiple databases and hundreds of classes. Are you not able to use a simplified version of the same process that I do to reproduce this issue, or at least verify that there isn’t a known issue with this version of PDF and generating tables the way I am? (template + GetElementByID + ImportArray) Do you not have any recommendations on better ways to accomplish this task given that I have to be able to conditionally insert the alert rows?

I could, theoretically, rewrite this to generate text that is not from a database to insert into the table, but doing so will take quite some time and I’d rather not do it until all other avenues have been explored.

Hi Erika,

Thanks for sharing the details. I do understand the complexity of your current system but in order for us to correct this problem, we need to first replicate it in our environment. However I have observed that you using a quite old version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET. Can you please try upgrading to latest release version and see if it can resolve your problem. Please get the copy of latest release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.4.0.

As previously stated, upgrading the version of PDF is not an option available to me unless it is absolutely the only way to resolve this issue.

Can you at least tell me if there is a known issue with the way I am constructing my PDF, or if there is an alternate method I should try? I would like to rule out these kinds of things before investing time in writing a test program to reproduce this. I’m not trying to be difficult, but I only get a limited amount of time to spend on each issue, and I don’t want to spend it writing a test program if the solution can be found by other means (FAQs, alternate construction methods, workarounds, etc).

Sorry for the delay in response.

I have created a simple program using your XML file and some dummy data and I am able to generate your mentioned issue after an initial test with the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v7.4. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-34436. We will notify you via this forum thread regarding any updates against your reported issue.

Thank you for verifying the issue I am having; however, this is not an acceptable resolution to this thread. I know that there are multiple ways to accomplish what I need done in this PDF and that some are better than others. I have repeatedly requested a workaround and have been met with nothing but opposition. In order for this thread to be resolved to my satisfaction, I require a workaround in the version I am using, or, at the very least, a statement that no such workaround exists.

As a workaround you can try ImportDataTable method rather than using ImportArray. I checked the method with the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET and it works fine. However, as you are using a very old version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET, so I am not able to test it using that version. You may check it and in case you face any issue using ImportDataTable method, I would suggest you to upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET.

Integrate Table with Database

Please do let us know in case you need any further assistance.